No announcement yet.

Line 6 Bogner...Any reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is perhaps the most fun a guy can have in a few minutes of his spare time. I mean really, where else can you go to watch the monkey jump like this joint You guys are passionate about your craft and I love that about this place. I learn a lot from you.

Chris, no offense intended I was playing with you. A little rough maybe - sorry. I'm sure you are a great guitarist and gear guy (as well as a nice guy in general).

As for you Slash ... WTF ? Did I accidentally say something to you? NO .. so fuck off and stay out of other peoples business. From the looks of it Chris is a big boy and can stick up for himself. And by the way ... speak fucking english ... this is America not New ZZZZZ-land.

Comment

S-O-M,

No harm, no foul. And I'm anything BUT a great guitarist. Just another expensive hobby I should commit more time (that I don't have) to. No digs on the X3 either - I know it's all that and a slice of cheese, but just gets too involved. Like I said, all I look for is a good amp sound and a little delay for some "space". My fave - Modern High Gain, with everything at 7. Perfection!

I will agree that the SV effects kinda blow (well, the delays are alright), so that's why I use a POD in the loop - for useable modulation effects. That's why I think the Bogner Alchemist will kill it - the only effects it has are delay & verb. All I really need in an amp.

And be nice to Slash. He's a good guy.

Comment

Right on Chris ... I'm excited about the Alchemist too (I meant to say the SV wasn't a "real" Bogner). I think it's going to be an affordable - portable live rig with a couple pedals. I'm one of those torn between the studio and live sound guys ... self imposed Hell I guess.

And as for Slash ... sorry man ... I guess its time for me to watch "Bambi" again

Have a great day all ... now all eyes on NAMM ... time to buy some more shit

Comment

Play nice guys

I have no stake in this, but IMO using a POD with an Ecstasy is like putting a "Shit Happens" bumper sticker on a Bentley.

Comment

Good to see this thread putting out some solid reviews. I apologize for any confusion between the SV and the Alchemist. I am looking forward to hearing the Alchemy heads. Sure, it may not be a Bogner, but by the time you buy anything else of quality, you are spending twice as much as the projected price for this new head. I am worried I will want to get rid of my Marshall set up once I hear it. But not that worried. I am quite happy now....But looking forward none the less.
            Last edited by Learn Guitars; 06-18-2008, 11:51 AM.
            Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
            http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Strat-O-Master View Post
              This is perhaps the most fun a guy can have in a few minutes of his spare time. I mean really, where else can you go to watch the monkey jump like this joint You guys are passionate about your craft and I love that about this place. I learn a lot from you.

Chris, no offense intended I was playing with you. A little rough maybe - sorry. I'm sure you are a great guitarist and gear guy (as well as a nice guy in general).

As for you Slash ... WTF ? Did I accidentally say something to you? NO .. so fuck off and stay out of other peoples business. From the looks of it Chris is a big boy and can stick up for himself. And by the way ... speak fucking english ... this is America not New ZZZZZ-land.
              Honestly, what??

"This is America"?? You DO realise how many guys from countries all over the world are on this forum? It's egotistical fucktards like you that give Americans a bad name. (there, some curse words you DO understand... or maybe not)

Maybe if you had just a liiitle bit more brains you would be able to do something other than pick on my location for an insult...

This is an internet forum, bozo. If I think you're being a fuckwit (did you understand that better than arsewit? If not, I suggest YOU learn to fucking speak English, cos mine is perfect ) - I'll feel free to say so whenever I like, whether it concerns me or not! Besides, the whole point of a PUBLIC forum is that you're putting your posts out there as an opinion for other people to see and respond to. If you only want responses that suit you, look in the mirror, or down the toilet after you've gone Number 2

My response to you?

You're just not worth the time :ROTF: Might get back to my real life now.

Arsewit...

Comment

Oh boy...

Comment

Yes, this is kind of attitude that got the americans the name and the reputation. Just take a point that outside of the US when you say 'this is America etc etc' in most cases it means anything but a positive thing.

Comment

Parting Shot ... I'm Sorry (well, kinda)

Well, it looks like ol' Slash got the last shot in cause I got busted before I could reply. And I certainly would have had I not gotten hamstrung along the way. I might dish it out at times but I'm man enough to take it in return. Anyway, sorry to all I offended. I guess I'd better just lurk from now on ... too easy for some people to cut and run when they're sitting at their computer and not looking you dead in the eyes. Peace ... S-M

BTW: I don't even own a Jackson ... are they good banjos ??? I heard those Charvels are damn fine mandolins !!

Comment

Soooooo.....How about them Mets?

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Strat-O-Master View Post
                        BTW: I don't even own a Jackson ... are they good banjos ??? I heard those Charvels are damn fine mandolins !!
                        Stick around - enlightenment to follow... I'm really jonesin' to hear how the new Stratheads pan out. Then I'll probably have to buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                          Stick around - enlightenment to follow... I'm really jonesin' to hear how the new Stratheads pan out. Then I'll probably have to buy one.
                          Don't bother, he's gone
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                            Don't bother, he's gone

Comment

Jah, I really miss the playground. That was funny Rupe. I came here looking for input on the Alchemist since its on sale at MF for 499 and I'm weighing out some options. The opinions are mixed as are some of the clips and videos. I've listened to the clips on Bogner's site and it seems to want to emulate Fenderish cleans with a VH 'brown' sound with a venture into higher gain areas when needed. The Hamer Talladega has a nice top end to but you would not be able to discern that by the Bogner gain clips. Some of the clips sound rather flubby with a Baritone, others sound somewhat muffled and boxy with a Gibson in the combo. Bottom line, you have to play it and tweak it with a number of options to see if fits for you - back to subjective opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                                Don't bother, he's gone
                                Ohhh ..very nice K !!! I came in for a sec..just in time to see your impeccable awesomess !!! You should be sainted by that sainting dude with that silly, fish hat. He's in Rome..prolly busy causing earthquakes with his bubbleguts!

He's German, very old and eats Italian. I'm no Nostradumass..but that can't be good for anyone.

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X