Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New amp day: Bogner Überschall!

Holy crap, I got an Uberschall!
    This is the first amp that manages to impress me, and then some. A friend of mine got a 5150 and up till now I thought that was a great amp. It still is, but the Bogner just blows it away.
    Here are some pics:

I'm uploading a video to youtube as we speak, I'll update this when its done
    Last edited by SlasZ; 03-29-2008, 12:22 PM.

Nice score man!
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
      Holy crap, I got an Uberschall!
      This is the first amp that manages to impress me, and then some. A friend of mine got a 5150 and up till now I thought that was a great amp. It still is, but the Bogner just blows it away.
      Here are some pics:

I'm uploading a video to youtube as we speak, I'll update this when its done

SCHWEET!!!!

Yes it does!!!

Sven, welcome to the family!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Its nice to have the ultimate! Congrats.. Peel some paint off the walls now!

Comment

now all you need is a speaker cabinet and you're set
          congrats on the amp

Comment

Sven..I will PM you with my personal settings..that I require for maxim metal!!!!

But, I want you to get familiar with it first. Don't worry about tubes or anything at this time. You may love it "as is" as most people do with them...as they should!

I've owned mine since 2002 so, I really, really got to know mine. My settings has remained the same before and after I changed the preamp tubes. Except for the bass, which stays at 12 o' clock now. It used to be dimed before the tube change.

The gain on the far right will always be maxed...THAT is most important to my tone. Anything less ..seems to lose what I love about it. It's NOT a cloak for sloppy paying. The Bogner Uberschall is completely UNFORGIVING for slop no matter where the fuggin' gain is set..that's a fact.

My Marshall doesn't have the 10th the gain of the Uberschall, but Marshall, Peavey 5150s, and ect. are much more "player friendly" . The Bogner made me a better player because It requires me play with more precision with it..or it'll let you know it.

It is one of the most "Unforgiving" amps I've ever played. I can "wank" all day on a 5150, JSX, Marshall, VHT, Mesa, Randall, Line 6..you name it. and sound peachy ..not so with the Bogner.

The Uberschall crushes everything I've heard live or played to date..nothing is even close for metal. I've yet found anything close to taking it place. If I did..you guys would be the first to know!

The only amp I am curious about is a Herbert. I heard they're cool from credible sources. But, here's the thing, ..I know they're not running/using their Ubers like I do. So, I must take that into consideration. The only fair A/B test would be me on the Uber next ro them on their Herbert. If it sounds better at that time..so be it.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well I have to disagree about 1 thing Bill, I don't like the gain on 10
              I have it at about 12 o clock and its good enough for me. But you're right about the sloppy playing. I still have a lot to learn
              I'm still trying to get that damn video on youtube. Apparently 13 minutes of Uberschall uberness is too long for youtube
              Bill, it's because of you I got this amp and it's the best 1850 euro's I spent in my life, besides the KV2 Respect

PS fucking youtube
              Last edited by SlasZ; 03-29-2008, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Your Uber should blow away a 5150. Its like 5 times more expensive... but here is the real question:
                Would your Uber blow away five 5150's ??

...lol... congratz on getting a great amp!!

Comment

The Uber is an absolute monster of an amp! I don't run the gain on mine up as high as Bill does, however the nice thing about this amp is that you could if you wanted to! whereas most other amps would sound like crap with the gain up that high. I think you made made a great choice for an amp
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                    The Uber is an absolute monster of an amp! I don't run the gain on mine up as high as Bill does, however the nice thing about this amp is that you could if you wanted to! whereas most other amps would sound like crap with the gain up that high. I think you made made a great choice for an amp
                    Rudy is speaking a scientific ..yes the gain 100% usuable..with all ge tightness and definition you'd possibly want ..delivers palm muted quick stop with authority..perfect for Jon Shaffer's Hetfield inspired fast chuggas...and whatnots.

Rudy kbnows this amp well.. One of my favorite things about the Bogner ..its the most consistant head I've owned. I would dial in a great tome with any Marshall head one day, and sound like crap the next day.. Rack stuff seems more consistant than heads..kinda set and forgtet. Most tube heads seems to have a bi-polar disorder..The Uber always sounds good all the time. I love playing it.

BTW, I'm high.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPx7GuTtItY

Here's a little sample. I've been playing for about 4 hours straight before I made this video, so excuse the sloppyness But I haven't had as much fun playing with this amp for a long time
                      Last edited by SlasZ; 03-30-2008, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Pretty good!! Sounds great! So, this is the sound Robert (Burns) was talking about that the GT-8 cannot reproduce... Or can it ??

Good playing too BTW. So, is the guitar going straight into the amp, no effects in front?
                        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                          Pretty good!! Sounds great! So, this is the sound Robert (Burns) was talking about that the GT-8 cannot reproduce... Or can it ??

Good playing too BTW. So, is the guitar going straight into the amp, no effects in front?
                          Thanks
                          Yeah I only have a Boss NS-2 between the guitar & amp. It's not really needed however with an Uberschall, they're very quiet.

The only amp I am curious about is a Herbert. I heard they're cool from credible sources. But, here's the thing, ..I know they're not running/using their Ubers like I do. So, I must take that into consideration. The only fair A/B test would be me on the Uber next ro them on their Herbert. If it sounds better at that time..so be it.
                          Bill, check this out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nz0O...eature=related

Comment

Sven, OK..I want you to do this.

From left to right on the high gain channel..

Preamp channel Volume exactly 12 o 'clock
                            Presence..exactly 9 o' clock
                            Treble..MAXED!
                            Mid..exactly 9 o' clock
                            Bass..exactly 11 o' clock (this was always MAXED w/ stock JJs)
                            Gain..MAXED, MAXED, MAXED..I can't stress that enough!

Set the main Master Volume to the far left for your overall volume. I actually have this maxed as well and use the output on my G Major as the Master Volume..seems to sound best this way after years of F'n with it. Just plugging in straight without anything in the loop..The Master is around 11 0 clock when I jam with my son on drums.

You'll get more noise with the Gain maxed..so you'll need to tweak the Boss NS-2 a bit..

Try that!!!!!

EVERYONE who has tried my Uber confirms it sounds best with Gain Maxed, this includes, Clevelandmetal, His good bud/great player, John C of Beyond Fear, Tall Paul of Antithesis..now in Shatter Messiah with Curran Murphy. Curran wants to come by to check it out too...that should be cool, he's a bad mo fo.

For that Crushing authoritive "Heaviness"...much like Jon Shaffer's rythm tone..it requires the gain set to max. As soon as any of us back it off , just a tad..it loses that "edge"..there is a "growl" I get only when the gain is set that way..it actually cleans up the louder you push the amp..this seems to really help enhance pick attack and palm muted definition.

For me with the Gain set to 12 O' clock ..puts me in a "beefier" classic Van Halen territorry..which is cool..but the way you and I play..it appears we are metal mongoloids..

I wish I could do a youtube vid and meet you silly bastids..but all I have is audio clips with my settings posted above.

Comment

Thanks Bill, really appreciate it
                              I'll try it first thing in the morning, people are getting ready for bed around here
                              I'll try to make a vid with those settings too.

Comment

Working...
                              X