Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
    Thanks Bill, really appreciate it
    I'll try it first thing in the morning, people are getting ready for bed around here
    I'll try to make a vid with those settings too.
    Great..I'd like to hear how that sounds on vid!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Holy crap Bill, that's about the best metal sound I ever heard! OMG
      Uploading some vids now.

Comment

Here's the first vid with Bill's settings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbZnnwbXqT8
        Another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oB5kXdA82g
        Last edited by SlasZ; 03-31-2008, 07:28 AM.

Comment

I've owned 4 Ubers, so I have a good deal of experience with them.

For the lead channel, I like the settings as follows:
          Volume: to taste (at least 10:00 or higher)
          Presence: 9:00
          Treble: 2:00
          Mids: 11:00
          Bass: 12:00
          Gain: 1:00

Running the lead channel gain, at anything higher than 2-3:00 doesn't add more gain, it only further compresses your sound... which may appeal to some. I also like to keep the global MV set higher than the seperate channel MVs, and just use the channel MVs to adjust the overall volume... unless I am using the fx loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz View Post
            I've owned 4 Ubers, so I have a good deal of experience with them.

For the lead channel, I like the settings as follows:
            Volume: to taste (at least 10:00 or higher)
            Presence: 9:00
            Treble: 2:00
            Mids: 11:00
            Bass: 12:00
            Gain: 1:00

Running the lead channel gain, at anything higher than 2-3:00 doesn't add more gain, it only further compresses your sound... which may appeal to some. I also like to keep the global MV set higher than the seperate channel MVs, and just use the channel MVs to adjust the overall volume... unless I am using the fx loop.
            Thanks wiz, i'll try it out

Comment

Sound great. Try out an uberkab with it. Like night and day.

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                Sound great. Try out an uberkab with it. Like night and day.

-Nate
                Well I don't use a standard 1960B Vintage cab, it has 2 V30's and 2 G12T75's in an X pattern. I thought the ubercab has something similar?

Comment

I use a strandard Marshall 1960a slant can with four 75's..I'm not partial to V30's. but I do want a Uberkab.

I respectfully disagree with broseppi Wiz..Especially in c/w the gain..I do ALOT of various whammy bar dips and dives that are kinda hard to get ..like the opeb g @ the 2nd. It gives the right amount of "push" to nail those ...also a tighter and aggressive chug...brings out my "pings" alot more too..I need that!

Also, The treble knob..very important to have the right amount of "bite" ..I max it, ..any less than 4 o clock sounds pretty dull..to me.

Everyone has their own ear, vibe and feel..so there's no "right" way to tweak it..your ears must me the judge of that.

Honestly, you can't make the Uberschall sound bad if you tried.

To Uberschall!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sven, can you record one in a carpted room..lots of room resonance in that brick room. Do more open chords and a few meedly meedlys too..or black metal spped pickin'..that comes thru nice with that kinda stuff.

I wish I can youtube one..I'd make sure my pud was out.

I'm gonna try Wiz's settings for shits and giggles..

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      You can never have too many shits nor giggles .

No offense meant btw ... I also should point out that my settings are using a Revision Blue Uber thru an Uberkab... so if you're using a different version Uber, different cab, speakers, etc. your settings will vary. Just thought I should mention that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        Sven, can you record one in a carpted room..lots of room resonance in that brick room. Do more open chords and a few meedly meedlys too..or black metal spped pickin'..that comes thru nice with that kinda stuff.

I wish I can youtube one..I'd make sure my pud was out.

It'll be for this weekend as I'm not home the whole week. And I'll have to find someone to help me get the rig up from the basement to the second floor

Comment

We are united in Uberness!!

This is an elite club..for we possess the greatest tone of all tones in metal!

So sayeth 'Z Bub..

Comment

When I played with your settings I had a grin on my face for about 2 hours Almost like having sex for the first time :ROTF:

Comment

Sven..you should have bought me dinner first..I feel like a cheap whore. That's ok, I am a whore..fuggums.

The presence on the Uber isn't like your typical presence control that would get you sizzle and bite. It more of a upper midrange control..since I keep the presence and midrange pretty low at 9:00 ..you can't go too crazy with the bass knob..otherwise it get way too scooped and bloated. I get the perfect amount of "bite" with the treble maxed..even tho there is a little "sizzle" to it..it cuts very nicely with a drummer and band.

I can hear my tone in your vid, right when you hold a power chord. I know you had the gain and treble maxed right then..that sound has been in my head for six years now, and you can't get THAT tone any other way.

I'm using a Marshall 1960 cab w/ 75 wt celestions. It sounds amazing but I do want an Uberkab..I will get one eventually.

I'm glad your happy..you're a metal guitarist. It's perfect for you.

Uberulez!!!!

Comment

I did notice though that when I use the FX loop as a boost, that if the FX loop is on it doesn't sound as good as when it's off. It lacks a bit of punch, as if you turned down the gain... Any clues?

Comment

Working...
                                X