My Used Cabinet Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Used Cabinet Story

Some of you know that I only buy new gear. I pay a little more but I buy to keep and rarely if ever have any issues with my gear. I will not buy off e-bay. I've been looking for a nice used 4x12. Everything I see in music stores is beat to hell and they still try and get top dollar.

Well today I was at an appointment and decided to stop in a music store that I rarely visit. There it was. A mint condtion Mesa Recto 4x12 straight cabinet. It looked brand spankin new. Anyway, it was marked $700 but used. I told the guy that a used cabinet for $700 is going to sit for a very long time.

He agreed and came back and said you can have it for $500. It's got V-30's and not even a scuff on it. It may not be the deal of the century but I'm pretty happy considering a new one would have cost double what I paid. Plus this was a big step for me buying used gear.
    Last edited by MikeStrat; 04-02-2008, 05:21 PM.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

You'll be a cheap bastard like the rest of us in no time!

Comment

Where'd you score it...Atomic?
      www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

I would say that was a good deal. I just saw a new one at guitar center for $949 plus tax.

I paid $580 for my Rec cab in near mint condition.
        Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Are you the anti-fett?

I'll buy new if it's something special; other than that, buy low and sell high baby!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Are you the anti-fett?
            You could say that.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I got a minty Recto cab for $500 off Craigslist - keep an eye out there too.

Comment

Originally posted by slo100 View Post
                Where'd you score it...Atomic?
                Hot Licks Guitars

Comment

thats a very fair price.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Fair price.Screw retail why spend big bucks if you don't have to.
                    I have a bud that only buys new so he gets a warranty.He won't twist a screw on his guitars because thats the way the factory made it so it must be set up right.He paid $1,600 for a new tele I bought a used one for $725 same color in as new condition.but his is better because he bought it new.
                    I put in an RS upgrade kit and tweaked the pickups, shame on me I displaced mojo.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      Are you the anti-fett?

I'll buy new if it's something special; other than that, buy low and sell high baby!

I'm with you Don. I buy gently used equipment that has already depreciated and will maintain its value if not go up.
                      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                        Hot Licks Guitars
                        Cool!

I didn't know they were still up and running. That is a cool store.

Congrats!
                        Bret
                        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          Fair price.Screw retail why spend big bucks if you don't have to.
                          I put in an RS upgrade kit and tweaked the pickups, shame on me I displaced mojo.
                          I don't believe that whole "mojo" thing. It's just that 99.9% of used gear I see is totally abused gear. If I see a cab all fugged up for $550 and I can buy a new one $800, I'll spend the $250. But I buy for keeps also.

Comment

Working...
                          X