Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Users of Egnater by Rocktron TOL 100, good and bad points!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users of Egnater by Rocktron TOL 100, good and bad points!

Looking at buying one of these heads.

Anyone have an opinion on them?

Good and bad points?

Will be running it through my Elmwood 2x12 with V30's.

Cheers

I really thought it was extremely lame . I couldn't wait to play it when I saw it at GC. I asked my dude John C (Beyond Fear) who is the guitar dept manager about it, He told me he didn't like it at all and told me to give it a whirl...after messing with it for a while I asked him if he did any better with than I was doiing..he said "No, you're getting along with it much more than I did"..I just looked at him and said "you're kiddin', this is it?"..and turned it off. Then I play the Marshall JVM and was much more at home within seconds..

It was dead, and mushy..even when I backed off the gain way more than I require to non modern metal territorries. Definitely an amp I would never consider owning..no way.

I can't share any good points because I didn't discover any..sorry.

there is so many better sounding amps out there in all prices ranges..IMO!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I´ve had one of those, and I think it´s a pretty solid amp when considering that they are pretty affordable used. I only sold it because I like my amps brighter and punchier, and the TOL has more of a dark, smooth voicing. It´s not a superb amp, but if you like that kind of tone it´s nice, pretty versatile and has a good set of features.

Comment

Working...
      X