No announcement yet.

Carvin Mental Hystrionics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This clip is the warhawk channel on my Peters Dual channel. It's running two 6v6's.

"Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Originally posted by fr0sty View Post
      This clip is the warhawk channel on my Peters Dual channel. It's running two 6v6's.

http://www.netmusicians.org/?section=id&value=357
      Good...very good!
      That's what I'm talking about.
      There's a different sound to the 6V6's, I'm not well versed enough to put it into words. The old amps have this singing quality, that doesn't necessarily have the definitive metal tone, but is fuller, to my ears. But that's the kind of minor "chunk" I get out of Deluxe Reverb, when it's punched in the face with overdrive, and on "10".

Comment

I have the parts, and then some.
        A former member donated an old Califone turntable to help with the project.
        And I found a great piece of steel to use for a chassis at work.
        So, it will be built in stages, I'll start with a deluxe, then a gain stage, then
        the tone stack, and build in options for 6V6, 6L6, KT88, etc.
        I may be able to get the wattage switching, but I foresee major tradoffs in tone by doing it. Better off just shooting for a 25/50 watt head.
        I'm building the layout in Autocad. Great for shifting parts around, accurately,
        and Mechanical Desktop even allows me to throw in some dynamic data from spreadsheets to play with the electronic values.
        The front and back will be flip-panels, for easier access to tweak.
        This is going to be fun, a bit more than waiting for something to show up on a truck!

Comment

6V6 amps are cool - I have a Bogner Duende which is a lot of fun. Definitely nice thickness and low end - 15 watts of goodness.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Well, ht, I still have a debt of gratitude, for making me look.
            And, now that I redid fett's little amp, I'm just about done restoring the Deluxe Reverb,
            I will commence to buiding.
            Too late, I'm commited, I already ordered a bunch of parts!
            Power transformers, OT's, and the works.
            And, if I don't like what I built, well, it's all on me. Maybe that's the best part of it.
            It's a gamble.

Comment

Working...
            X