Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eq Recommendation

Hey gents,
    I'm thinking about picking up an eq, to run through my effects loops of my Laney AOR, to give me further shaping capabilities (Trying to eliminate some upper-mid shrillness, and add some bottom.) Got any recommendations? Something that's not gonna tone-suck through the +8 db loop. thanks.
    I'm not Ron!

Furman PQ3 works very nicely!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm actually swaying towards a parametric, in fact. Hard to find a Furman. Was considering the Presonus EQ3B. It's got a nice, small footprint, so it would sit, easily atop my amp. Any other good suggestions, guys?
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

For rack parametric, I've always liked the ART Tube EQ, although I've experienced some reliability issues due to having them on my pedalboard. I've since switched to the Electro-Harmonix Tube EQ pedal and am very happy with it. My reasoning for using an EQ is the same as yours, especially in live venues where the guitar tone ends up sounding fizzy.
        sigpic

Comment

I use to use the boss PQ50. it is a half space rack and they are awesome. Parametric.

You can run them in stereo too.

I have it laying around somewhere. If you are interested in it....

I got away from running all the stuff in the loop and just run the my amp all by itself now.

Comment

I know what you mean. At this point, I have atop my amp both my Johnson J-Station that I use for effects-only and tuner, and my Scholz Power Soak. Then, out front, I have a pedalboard with the controller pedal for the J-Station, channel switcher, wah, Digitech Bad Monkey, a hand-built volume cut pedal, and my latest, an MXR Vintage Re-issue Script Phase 90. I love them all, and they all work, together, nicely, but feel like I'm being choked by gear, onstage, sometimes.
            If you find the EQ, Firebird, let me know, send me a PM. I may be interested. Looks promising.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
            X