No announcement yet.

Engl Blackmore... do I need one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congratulations what guitar and cab are you using?
    I only use channels 1 and 4 as well, 3 is good for rock only, and if you ease off the gain you can get very nice bluesy/angus-ish tones.
    5150 does have more sizzle, fo' shizzle but who the hell wants sizzle?

Comment

I'm using a Carvin DC127M with a Mesa Recto slant 4x12, my Blackmore settings were something like...

Channel 4
      Gain: 9
      Bass: 6
      Mids: 10
      Treble: 3.5
      Presence: 5

Unfortunately the Recto didn't show up yesterday So it won't be here until Monday, and I fly back to work Monday morning so I won't get to turn it on until May 13th. Bummer.

Comment

pretty similar to my settings, but I'm very surprised that you dime the mids like that!
        I can't imagine utilizing all that midrange

This is how I roll
        gain 7 or 8 (depending on "hot-ness" of the particular guitar i'm using)
        bass 5
        mids: 3
        treble: 5
        presence: 5

volume set to taste. I've tried experimenting with low channel volume and loud master volume and vice versa, but I can't really say that I'm able to discern any difference in tone when doing so. So I just crank both It's really cool that you can get very good tone from this amp at living-room levels. I've actually been rehearsing on it some nights without any complaints from the landlord. But if you go below 1 on both volumes it won't sound very good IMO.

Comment

Working...
        X