Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splawn nitro?

what's up guys?
    it's been a while.any of you get a Nitro?.I offed the powerball and got my nitro in feb and must say it is a sick amp.I was wondering how others were running them?
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Hey man

I was really interested in getting a Nitro, at the time I had a powerball and an Uber, the Uber will never go anywhere, but getting rid of the powerball was the best thing I've ever done! Anyhow I got a Diamond Spec Op instead of the Nitro, but I'd still like one can you compare the amount fo gain between the two amps? I'm assuming the Nitro isn't as gainy as the powerball, but probably sounds 100 times better!

show us a pic of your nitro!

C

Comment

I have mixed feeling on the PB and Nitro.if I could afford to I would have kept both amps.what I can tell you is I like both amps better than the uber.the nitro has a tighter uber thing going on.the nitro just has more flexability than the PB,has less saturation,and is tighter.the nitro is also FKN loud as a mofo.

Comment

I've been curious about the Nitro myself. It sounds pretty cool in the videos I have watched. It also sounds like it can do old school metal sounds very well but does it have enough gain/distortion to go even heavier for modern stuff? Ala Killswitch Engage, SYL, Opeth etc.

Comment

KSE are using nitros now.it was all over the splawn forums this january....

Comment

Magh8

can you take some shots and make some clips of the nitro doing teh heavies?

Think Pantera/DevilDriver

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
              Magh8

can you take some shots and make some clips of the nitro doing teh heavies?

Think Pantera/DevilDriver
              + Yeah..or heavy any fuggin' thing.!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

An awful lot of the original Nitro purchasers put them up for sale in a short time. I heard it demo'd on a video and it sounded good but that's no sub for hearing it and playing it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                  An awful lot of the original Nitro purchasers put them up for sale in a short time. I heard it demo'd on a video and it sounded good but that's no sub for hearing it and playing it yourself.
                  Really..?

Yeah, clip and vids can give you and idea what an amp can do, especially if a similar playing style. But to really know, you MUST play 'em yourself..dialed in, up loud and personal!

I like the Splawn clips I've heard so far..I really haven't heard a bad one yet.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

as much as I would like to I can't record anything.I have no recording stuff.as far as guys selling them right away.I think the amps are more balls than they expected.the nitro is like a jacked up quickrod with a low mid voicing.IMO most of the guys selling them were quickrod owners.the nitro can get close to the tone of a QR but the QR can't do the nitro thing.this always happens with any new head on the market that gets alot of gas.keep an eye out for the new VHT sigx on the bay.

Comment

I have an older Pro Mod and I love it.

Comment

Working...
                      X