Score!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score!!!

I just snagged a Marshall 2555 Silver Jubilee with matching 4x12. I don't pick it up till tomorrow (maybe Saturday) but it has less than 20hrs. playing time and has never left the seller's house.

I'm stoked. This is my DREAM amp!!

very cool!!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Post some pics when you get it. Congrats!

Comment

Will do!!

Comment

that just kicks ass...congrats

Comment

Wow - that really is a find! Congrats to you, sir.
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Did you snag this near State College? Who did you get it from...I may know a bit about it's history.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                Did you snag this near State College? Who did you get it from...I may know a bit about it's history.
                Nah, this one is coming from below Lancaster. You may be referring to the one that used to belong to Bill @ Rainbow Music. IIRC, he sold it (full stack) a couple years ago for ~$2500'ish. It was super clean, too!

Comment

I knew he sold that one (he's a good friend of mine), and you're right about it being clean...it never left his apartment until he took it to the store. I was actually speaking of another 1/2 stack that a local musician had back in the day.

Comment

Awesome score! that was my first 1/2 stack back in the day. Wish I never got rid of it. Super hard to find for a good price. Congrats!!

Comment

is it a black one or a silver one? i had a black 2555 10 years or so ago, it was awesome!!!!
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                        is it a black one or a silver one? i had a black 2555 10 years or so ago, it was awesome!!!!
                        Silver. I'm leaving in about 10 minutes to go pick it up~!!

Comment

awesome!!
                          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Well, I'm back!! I believe this may be the best example of a "time capsule" Jubilee that I've run across.

The (brief) story:

I run across the amp in a craigslist ad as, "Marshall Anniversary Amp." No mention of 2555, silver jubilee or nada. I email the seller (who is asking a ridiculously low price) if the amp is still available. Send $100 deposit via PayPal. I arrive this evening to pick-up the amp. Apparently, the seller is VERY anal about amps and the amp has spent it's entire life in a temperature/humidity controlled basement. It still has the original owners manual (pristine), foot-switch (never used), 21 year old tubes, and even the protective plastic (front & rear) protecting the faceplate from damage during shipping. The amp has been kept with the original plastic dust covers for both the 4x12 and the head, so they were included as well. Fired it up, sounded UNBELIEVABLE, payed the fellow the balance and headed home. Also, the guy told me, after I tried tested it for a few minutes, that I was the ONLY person besides himself to ever play through the amp.

Just got through playing for a bit, WOW!!

Pics tomorrow!!
                            Last edited by Thrust; 04-18-2008, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Congrats on an awesome score...those are great amps!

Comment

Working...
                              X