X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metalone View Post
    Condrads on the new amp
    Welcome man.. nice edit..

Here's is some info for you..http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=framus+cobra
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cool!, I'm glad to hear all the good praise for the Ampeg VL-1002 amp head!
      I just put a deposit on one at a local music store but when I went down to try it out it had a problem with the output volume fadeing in and out. Luckally they are going to fix it with no cost to me.
      I remember back in`92/`93 I bought a 50 watt single channel head (VL-501) and two Ampeg 4x12's (A&B cabs) loaded with Celestion 75's at a pawn shop for $600. even for the whole Shi-Bang!! Now that was a deal!!
      BTW this VL-1002 cost me $450., not sure how good a price that is now but it can't be too bad sence they aren't made any more.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        Welcome man.. nice edit..

Here's is some info for you..http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=framus+cobra
        Thanks man, I had to leave my PC[I'm at work and forgot where i was at hahaha

Comment

Product support

I checked Lee Jackson's site as he has some free downloads for owner's manuals. Unfortunately, for the VL-series amps, he instructs people to call St. Louis Music.

I just checked the Ampeg site and got this info regarding product support:

For general questions on current ampeg products, please contact Dino at [email protected].

For guitar amplifier support, please contact [email protected].

For any questions concerning owners manuals or schematics please contact the LOUD Technologies Inc. Service Center at 1-800-898-3211.
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

call the ampeg number above, and they'll email a manual to you for free. I'd send you mine, but my computer crashed and I lost it

Comment

Thanks I will.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Well got around to putting the 6550's in and its a whole lot thicker sounding.I do like the 6550's a lot more than the EL34's in this amp.It just gave it more of everything I am digging the shit out of this amp.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  Well got around to putting the 6550's in and its a whole lot thicker sounding.I do like the 6550's a lot more than the EL34's in this amp.It just gave it more of everything I am digging the shit out of this amp.
                  Really??!!..why are making me say that lately!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill I will never doubt you ever again.You are the all knowing all seeing plethora of amply knowledge.I mean that in a good way!!
                    I say that as I'm playing thru headphones on the boutique setting on a lowley J-station.The neighbors had enough noise for one day.
                    Last edited by straycat; 05-12-2008, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      Bill I will never doubt you ever again.You are the all knowing all seeing plethora of amply knowledge.I mean that in a good way!!
                      I say that as I'm playing thru headphones on the boutique setting on a lowley J-station.The neighbors had enough noise for one day.
                      Well thanks man, and you've been a joy to follow around on the neverending journey of tone. My kid's favorite place is Guitar Center. He loves the attention when he plays drums..he's a show off. I have no idea where he goit that from. John C is the manager and encourages me to try amps often LOUD. We go for the same kinda tone. He really wanted to buy the KK Marshall..Its OK, but now he's rethinking on it.

The only amps I've liked @ the store was the JSX, JVM, and a couple VHTs. The EVH III does classic VH much better than the 5150/6505..which is metal workhorse/benchmark amp. I'd prolly liked the EVH III when that was the holy grail of tone. But 5150s fits my needs so much better. Besides my Marshall does a great classic VH...so I'm good.

Being that the 5150 was is somewhat of a dark sounding amp. I assume EL34s would make it sing more. That amp has alot of low end with 6L6s. I think you could afford to lose some of that if it wakes the mids up in the trade off. I never heard that before..I'd like too. Alot of Recto guys love for the Stilletto w/EL34s. Peavey should offer that option..maybe they will. They're not going to stop making that amp anytime soon..

Comment

Working...
                      X