Could someone with a 5150 & BBE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone with a 5150 & BBE

Make a sound or video recording with and without the BBE (422 preferably)?

You don't need a recording. The 5150 demands the BBE 422. Trust me.

If I ever got around to miking up my 5150 and running it into my digital 8 track, and figuring out how to put it onto my computer, and finding a place to host the file, I would make one. Since I'm computarded, I don't see that happening any time soon. Hopefully someone on here will oblige.

Comment

Originally posted by 1trussell View Post
      You don't need a recording. The 5150 demands the BBE 422. Trust me.

If I ever got around to miking up my 5150 and running it into my digital 8 track, and figuring out how to put it onto my computer, and finding a place to host the file, I would make one. Since I'm computarded, I don't see that happening any time soon. Hopefully someone on here will oblige.

Ditto..on all counts unfortunately!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I only found this fag..bad recording. It doesn't convey well at all..but its the only thing I found searching for (5150 / BBE)..http://youtube.com/watch?v=WSFtsCYcZeQ&feature=related

Oh, wait a minute..my bud uses 6505/BBE..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          I only found this fag..bad recording. It doesn't convey well at all..but its the only thing I found searching for (5150 / BBE)..http://youtube.com/watch?v=WSFtsCYcZeQ&feature=related

Oh, wait a minute..my bud uses 6505/BBE..
          Yeah I found that too but it sounds so shit it could have been a Marshall MG he was playing And its a newer BBE he's using, a fancy red one.

Btw you know that this is the only forum where they recommend a 5150 with a 422? When you search google for 5150 BBE 422 you either find JCF, or a forum mentioning that 'the guys from JCF' seem to think a BBE goes well with a 5150 :ROTF:
          Last edited by SlasZ; 04-23-2008, 03:30 PM.

Comment

The early clips I think he's using his Powerball. He's been using Peavey/BBE for the last couple years..I don't know why I haven't thought of that until now.

here..http://youtube.com/watch?v=AXEX_Jowb2Q

he's using a 6505 and BBE on this..http://youtube.com/watch?v=jmUHYdW5kug&feature=related

Comment

The early clips I think he's using his Powerball. He's been using Peavey/BBE for the last couple years..I don't know why I haven't thought of that until now.

here..http://youtube.com/watch?v=AXEX_Jowb2Q

he's using a 6505 and BBE on this..http://youtube.com/watch?v=jmUHYdW5kug&feature=related
              Cool thanks. But I'm more looking for a comparison between 5150 plain & 5150 with BBE

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
                Cool thanks. But I'm more looking for a comparison between 5150 plain & 5150 with BBE
                Well, its a pretty big difference for the better IMO!

I wouldn't run one without it.

Comment

Well, its a pretty big difference for the better IMO!

I wouldn't run one without it.
                  I believe you, but I need to convince someone of that and he's quite hard headed lol. He does have a modded 5150, would the difference be big even then?

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
                    I believe you, but I need to convince someone of that and he's quite hard headed lol. He does have a modded 5150, would the difference be big even then?
                    It should..I can't see why not. Tell him I said he's a tool!

Comment

I'm so glad this thread was made! I've got a 5150 EVH block letter. In my signal chain I have a boss tuner pedal, a bbe sonic stomp sonic maximizer, and a MXR Smart Gate. This summer I'm lookin to upgrade all this stuff into rack form with a korg rack tuner, isp decimater pro, a 428i Sonic Maximizer, and a TC Electric G Major (if I can't find a blackface intellifex.)

Is the sonic maximizer rack unit really gonna be worth it? From looks at the pictures it doesn't look that much different from the pedal just in rack form. Should I be trying to get a used 422 instead? I've been basically obsessed with rack stuff since learning of it awhile ago but its all so damn expensive .

Comment

Get a used 422. I have no experience with any of the other sonic maximizers. But with the improvement the 422 gave my 5150, I'd say it's an extremely safe $50 bet to make.

Comment

I'll see what I can do about posting a video of my 5150 with and without the 422. You'll be at the mercy of my digital camera microphone, youtube's shortcomings, and the quality of your PC speakers. But it's the only way I can do it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1trussell View Post
                            I'll see what I can do about posting a video of my 5150 with and without the 422. You'll be at the mercy of my digital camera microphone, youtube's shortcomings, and the quality of your PC speakers. But it's the only way I can do it right now.
                            That would be great man, thanks

Comment

Here is a VERY quick and dirty video clip I made of my 5150 and matching cab, with and without the BBE 422. I set all the controls of the amp at 5, except for the lead post gain (Have to keep the neighbors happy). I used my 83 Hamer USA Vector with stock DiMarzio pickups. It desparately needs a string change so please ignore the part where I bent the G out of tune.

This is in no way an accurate depiction of the 5150's tone. Rather, view it as a taste of what the BBE 422 does to the sound of the 5150. In my opinion, the two are a natural match.

Just a quick and dirty test of my 5150 head and matching cab with and without a BBE 422 in the loop. Everything is set on 5. This is not a true example of ...

Comment

Working...
                              X