• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
    Maybe I should buy an Uber or XTC next
    Well..you prolly will eventually.

I would!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I got my 5150 many years ago but I ran it through a Mesa traditional cab. I have not used it much lately because I got tired of the sound of the amp and started using my Mesa heads more. After reading all of Bill's post on the 5150 with a BBE 422(A) I finally picked up a 422A off of ebay for $50. It did great for cutting out the high end fizz and boosting the lows. I was really happy with my sound but after reading more of Bill's posts concerning using the matching cabinet, I began to wonder if it really made that big of a difference. So, Monday I found a 6505 cab locally for $300 and gave it a test run. It did make a difference! I can get a good chunky sound at low volumes and I cannot wait to open it up at practice this weekend.
      Bill's comment on playing with the 422 and then cutting it off was like neutering the amp was dead on. Turn the 422 off and you cut the balls off.

Thanks to Bill for constantly chiming in on using a 422 on every thread that mentions a 5150! Using the matching cab and 422 is the best advice for anyone who is not satisfied with their 5150. Thanks Bill
      No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

I'm gonna make an assload of clips next time I'm home, probably 12 different setups...

5150 + 5150 cab
        5150 + Tubescreamer + 5150 cab
        5150 + Mesa cab
        5150 + Tubescreamer + Mesa cab

Engl Blackmore + 5150 cab
        Engl Blackmore + Tubescreamer + 5150 cab
        Engl Blackmore + Mesa cab
        Engl Blackmore + Tubescreamer + Mesa cab

Mesa Rect-O-Verb + 5150 cab
        Mesa Rect-O-Verb + Tubescreamer + 5150 cab
        Mesa Rect-O-Verb + Mesa cab
        Mesa Rect-O-Verb + Tubescreamer + Mesa cab

Ideally I will see if I can get a reamp box so I can make all of these clips using the exact same performance instead of replaying the riff each time to make it fair... I'm excited about this!

Comment

You're absolutely welcome Big Al!!!

That is the epitome of the ultimate 5150 package you have there..a true keeper!!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm excited too Brother DumpyWumps..maybe a little too excited..

..boing!

Comment

Working...
            X