Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twister Amps

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I found this place while looking at the site statistics for my website www.twisteramps.com . I noticed that there had been a couple hits comming from this forum.

After doing a little reading, I learned that there is a fellow by the name of Pete who has been posting as TwisterAmps. Just to clarify, and eliminate some confusion, I've never met Pete, or heard of his Twister Amps untill last week. I've not "Stolen" his name. Seems to just be a case of two different guys in different places with a similar Idea.

I've been selling amps under the name Twister Amps since 2004. I think there are Harmony Central reviews for my gear dating back to 2005.

Back in 2004 when I was trying to come up with a name for my amp company, I couldnt come up with anything good, so I just decided to name the company after my faithfull Border Collie who's name is also Twister. Shortly thereafter, I Reserved Trademark rights to the "Twister" logo.

There also seems to be a European Car Audio company producing "Twister Amps".

Anyways, I just wanted to clear up any confusion this may have caused for the forum members who were wondering if those were "Pete's Amps" on the Twister website.

Thanks for reading,

Jade Lowrey
    "www.TwisterAmps.com"

Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Huh.
      Twister Amps has been a dead issue, anyways.
      I'm with stray, break out the popcorn.

Comment

Where in the hell is Pete anywhoO. I took a break for a while and I haven't seen him around here since.

Pete where are you..this guy stole your name!! Are you gonna take that from this imposter..

Total tongue in cheek..everytime I come up with an "original" name I find out its not that original. Did you know that there is alot of Bill Z Bubs out there..none worthy to be my bitch!!

Bill Z Bub
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Pete (known as JCF member Oklastrat and later Twisteramps) acquired the domain name twisteramps.com early 2003 and kept it running till about 2005 (I think). He then let go of it, apparently, and now someone else has bought the domain name. I don't know if he ever reserved trademark rights to the name "Twisteramps". So, if anyone browsed the internet back in 2003 onwards, for the site twisteramps.com they would've hit Pete's site.

The above is just me rambling by memory. Conclusion? Point? Dunno
          Last edited by jackson1; 04-21-2008, 06:50 AM.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Great, but do you have an all-tube 4-watt amp that puts out 90+dB SPL through a 2x12 cabinet, and is small enough to fit in an overnight bag for less than $500?
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Great, but do you have an all-tube 4-watt amp that puts out 90+dB SPL through a 2x12 cabinet, and is small enough to fit in an overnight bag for less than $500?
              :ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

I guess this guy is telling Pete to NOT use twisteramps anymore in a nice way.

Comment

Originally posted by Acespaceman View Post
                  Shortly thereafter, I Reserved Trademark rights to the "Twister" logo.
                  Bullshit.
                  A search through TESS shows no registration.
                  Of the 516 applications (LIVE or DEAD), not a single one is registered for anything remotely related to amplifiers.
                  If you really filed, you would know what TESS is.

Also, registration doesn't guarantee you anything.
                  "First in use", remember it, because anyone who used that name prior to your registration, registered or not, can take it away from you.
                  -Rick

Comment

Ouch...it's getting ugly in here

Comment

Sounds to me like this guy is just trying to let people know that he is not Pete since it seems several have contacted him thinking that's who he was. Beyond that he was plugging his company. Where the f*ck do you drama queens come up with your BS???

I guess I can't expect a reply anytime soon...I think Maury is on right now

Comment

Rupe,

You're exactly right, I didnt come here to cause trouble, or even deter anyone from using the name "TwisterAmps". Anyone can call their amps Twister as long as they use their own logo, and arent trying to pass themselves off as someone else in a fraudulent way.

I just saw that some folks were wondering if I was Pete, and I'm not. Just wanted to shed a little light on the subject, not start an argument.

Have a good one,
                        Jade

Comment

There ya go guys. No need to go jumping down this fella's throat. Besides, Pete mentioned to me some time ago that he was thinking of coming up with a new name anyway.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I think Pete calls himself "twister" cause of the fact that he's from Tulsa, OK and there's a lot of tornadoes (aka twisters) out there.

havent seen his posts for a LONG time. I think ever since the platinum membership thingy came up, he's stopped posting as frequently. And so has mountaindog and RacerX.
                            Sam

Comment

Cool, and welcome to the forum!

Originally posted by Acespaceman View Post
                              Rupe,

You're exactly right, I didnt come here to cause trouble, or even deter anyone from using the name "TwisterAmps". Anyone can call their amps Twister as long as they use their own logo, and arent trying to pass themselves off as someone else in a fraudulent way.

I just saw that some folks were wondering if I was Pete, and I'm not. Just wanted to shed a little light on the subject, not start an argument.

Have a good one,
                              Jade
                              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Working...
                              X