I want a Framus Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a Framus Cobra

Anyone on here have a Cobra, How do you like it?
    I have a 6505+ and a 30th Anny. Marshall But would like to sell them and buy a Cobra
    I played through a Dragon last year in Norway and loved it,The 6505+ sounds great but I love the sound of the Framus!!

I don't have one, but I got to hear one up-close a few weeks ago. Doro's guitarist was using one, and he also let one of the guys from Fatal Smile (an opening act from Sweden) use it for his band's set.

Both of them sounded great playing though it. It was set up for a nice combination of modern-style gain and grind, but with a very pronounced midrange and clarity.

Doro had two guitarist, and the one playing the Cobra buried the guy using a Marshall. I wouldn't necessarily read all THAT much into that, because the venue's FOH engineer was ... not very impressive. I was able to hear the Cobra unmic'd even over the PA. Couldn't get much from the Marshall no matter where I stood.

On a side note - Doro and Co. = great performers.

Comment

Well the Dragon I played through had an amazing tone, a bunch of guitarist there were blown away with the sound, I didn't even have much time to set it up, just dialed it in and went for it!
      It was going through a Cobra cab also!

Comment

I have a Cobra and I love it.

It's very versatile from clean to super high gain. Lots of sustain at any gain setting. Clean is super duper nice. The Cobra has more overall gain than the Dragon. If you leave all the knobs at 1/2 it'll sound great. The extra master volume is great for a lead boost.

you can't go wrong with a Cobra. Get it rebiased as they come cold from the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
          I have a Cobra and I love it.

It's very versatile from clean to super high gain. Lots of sustain at any gain setting. Clean is super duper nice. The Cobra has more overall gain than the Dragon. If you leave all the knobs at 1/2 it'll sound great. The extra master volume is great for a lead boost.

you can't go wrong with a Cobra. Get it rebiased as they come cold from the factory.
          Thanks Bro, I've heard about the bias on them being cold so that would be something to do rigt away

Comment

if you get the cobra it'a matching cab is a must.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
              if you get the cobra it'a matching cab is a must.
              Yeah, I was going to get a Cobra cab to play my 6505+ through and sell my marshall cab
              Now I want the whole setup!

Comment

Working...
              X