Line 6 Cab Question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Cab Question???

i got a line 6 4x12 cab for 40 bones. It is the one with the old logo and equipped with G12H-90 custom celestions designed for modeling amps. Cab seems pretty sturdy and has a 9-ply (most likely birch).
    Does anyone have any experience with the sound quality and construction of these cabs? Do you guys think it is worth it to invest in better speakers? I want to most likely use the cab for recording purposes.

i like the stock cab. my buddy has one and i have used it in jam sessions at his studio. normally i use EVM12L speakers in all my cabs, but my sound stayed pretty true itself through the modelling speakers.

you got the cab for $40?!?!?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

yeah i got it from some stoner who didn't know anything about the cab, who got it from a crack head that owed him money. He was just looking to get rid of it and get some quick cash so i chewed him down to 40. I just could't pass it up.

There is two rips on the front cover on the top right area and behind it the speaker is torn up also some worn out tolex around the edges other then that it looks pretty solid.

Comment

we used a line 6 cab onetime on our canadian tour. it was louder than a marshall 1960a. didn't sound bad either.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Stick with the stock speakers in that cab. I have the same cab in my setup and I love the way it sounds, distorted or clean. When I was shopping around for some new gear I went thru several different cabs and the Line6 cab definitely stood out.
          www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

HAhaha, stoner who got it from a crack head.

Comment

Gotta love it.

The other night my buddies were smoking some bud between sets when some guy came up to them asking for some gas money to get home. He was 220+ miles from home but we couldn't help. When we told him he asked if he could at least take a hit. The guys figured why not, it was the least they could do for him. LOL
              Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

The idea with those cabs is that the have a flat response to them. They aren't supposed to color the sound of the modeler. That way when you go from one amp to another you get the intended tone...I have a Vetta 2x12 cab and I like it ... it definetly sounds different than my marshall
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                X