Bogner Cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Cab

So since the amp section here seems to be running low on Bogner content these days, I figured I'd post some shots of my Bogner 4x12 which just got loaded last night with brand new British made Celestion Greenbacks I bought a set of 4 Greenbacks new back about 5-6 years ago but ended up not installing them in the Peavey cab like had intended. They've been sitting in the boxes since then. Recently I picked up a used Bogner 4x12 empty cab with road case, so now was the time to get the cab up and running for use with my Uberschall. It sounds fantastic of course! Here are the pix:

and finally:
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

I've only heard the Uber thru a Line 6 4x12 it was really tight how does it sound with the 25 watt speakers?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Very cool Rudy,

Please let us know what ya think when you get to dial it in.

Looks cool!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Is that white mousse the secret to Bogner cabs? What kind of material is it, something you can stuff pillows with?

Comment

Just to flex my mental muscle...

If those were wired in series, you'd have 64 Ohms. If in parallel then 4 Ohms.

And if stereo series, two 32 Ohms and stereo parallel, two 8 Ohms.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Very cool Rudy,

Please let us know what ya think when you get to dial it in.

Looks cool!
            I had that sucker dialed in within minutes Bill The Greenbacks breakup easy and for my 80's cover band, the distortion channel's gain is only up about 1/2 way. Sounds good to me. I had to back down the clean channel gain a tiny bit so that I could keep that channel clean, otherwise you hear the Greenbacks begining to break up there too. The Uber sounds good thru this cab as well as thru my Mesa 4x12 with V30's. I really need an Uberkab next!
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
              Is that white mousse the secret to Bogner cabs? What kind of material is it, something you can stuff pillows with?
              To tell you the truth I'm not really sure what that stuff was. I looked at the cab and you can see the pix of the inside, doesn't really look like anything special but it does sound great! Bogner has T-nuts in it to hold the speakers in whereas some other cheaper cabs just use wood screws directly into the cab, otherwise no big differences that I can tell.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Just to flex my mental muscle...

If those were wired in series, you'd have 64 Ohms. If in parallel then 4 Ohms.

And if stereo series, two 32 Ohms and stereo parallel, two 8 Ohms.
                Credit for the install on the Greenbacks goes to my friend Bill, The Guitar Mechanic. He is a great tech and sets up all my Jacksons. He wired it for me last night. The speakers are 16 ohm each therefore he wired the bottom two in series, the top two in series then joined them in parrallel which gave us a 16 ohm cab.
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

I used the exact same white stuff in my 2x12 build, stops standing waves somewhat and makes it much tighter sounding. Love the chug

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                    I used the exact same white stuff in my 2x12 build, stops standing waves somewhat and makes it much tighter sounding. Love the chug
                    Question is what material is the white stuff and where do you buy it?

Comment

Rudy, I like lots of preamp saturation for this "growl" I like and to help push my crazypings. 12:00 is PERFECT when I'm doin' Van Halen. I love greenbacks at low/moderate levels. They're extremely warm and lively. I'd prolly love 'em for recording! They may be a bit too hairy for me at band levels tho...I dunno.

So, that cab makes a difference eh?. Tighter than your basic Marshall 1960 cab? I would assume so. Yes, I really want a Uberkab too...I'll get one someday.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks for the great pix. How about some sound clips?
                        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          Rudy, I like lots of preamp saturation for this "growl" I like and to help push my crazypings. 12:00 is PERFECT when I'm doin' Van Halen. I love greenbacks at low/moderate levels. They're extremely warm and lively. I'd prolly love 'em for recording! They may be a bit too hairy for me at band levels tho...I dunno.

So, that cab makes a difference eh?. Tighter than your basic Marshall 1960 cab? I would assume so. Yes, I really want a Uberkab too...I'll get one someday.
                          I can't directly compare to a Marshall cab because although I have had a Marshall head in the past (100w non-mater Super Lead), I've never owned a Marshall cab although I've heard plenty. The Bogner with Greenbacks sounds great but so does my Mesa with V30's. I'm on the list with Matt for a Rhoads Marshall when they are released, I'll be able to compare then
                          P.S. I have an idea for an Uberkab, since you're not too far away from me Bill, you buy one and we'll store it here at my place. You can come over and play it anytime you like But seriously, I know the feeling I want an Uberkab but since I want that sucker in mint condition to match my Uber head, looks like I'll have to buy it new at some point. Any time used ones come up for sale on FleaBay the prices seem as much if not more than new since private owners want a ton of $ to ship.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                            Thanks for the great pix. How about some sound clips?
                            I would plug in any type of Jackson into that 1/2 stack you guys want and record some clips for you guys but I'm sort of clueless about computer based recording. Don't think I have all I need to do that. Whats the simplest way?
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                            X