EVH saga continues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH saga continues...

Well it's been over a month now since I took my EVH 5153 back to the dealer for repair. In that time, Fender have repaired it, the shop tested it on receipt, then returned it to Fender again who then re-repaired it, sent it back, UPS then used it as a chock when their van was parked on a hill, sent back to Fender yet again to sort out the 'cosmetic' damage, then scrapped the amp completely and are now sending out a brand new head to me...from fucking Holland...so I won't get it until the end of next week.

Thing is, I don't think I can stand one more week of this fucking Marshall. I've used it for two gigs, but then ended up borrowing a 6505+ for the last few. The positive thing that has come out of this is my new perspective on the EVH. When I bought it, it was a reluctant purchase, mainly because the Peavey was almost perfect, but lacked a decent clean channel. The EVH had perfect cleans but the two dirty channels were unfamiliar territory, I'd become so reliant on the Peavey. Well, after temporarily going back to the Peavey (still a wonderful amp), I now fully appreciate the EVH and have ceased to grieve for the 6505+. Can't wait for my 'new' amp to hit these shores (guaranteed to hit and bounce a few times if UPS are delivering it), I've even resigned myself to the fact that the EVH is the worst built amp I've ever had...but it sounds fucking awesome!

Sean...our tech guy in Phx said "its' a well made amp, with quality components"..."I dont know why this good switch failed?"
    So in his opinion...(25 years repairing guitar amps) Its a "Good un"!
    So relax... be happy in waking up..(Returning full circle back to Marshall!)
    and in 2 weeks, you will be back to shredding again! Then in
    a year you can move onto VHT ~!!

Comment

Working...
    X