Rocktron G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron G200

I just ordered a Rocktron G200 two days ago. I was wondering if anyone has already played around with one and could give some feedback on it.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

I haven't but I would like your input on it.
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Comment

Got the G200 today and played around with it for about 30 minutes or so. All in all it's not a bad unit. Most of the distortion programs sound very similar, and many are (over) delayed. (IMO) Of course, they are adjustible so it not a big deal. The one thing it's missing is a master volume knob on the console to adjust the volume easily. I guess I could read the manual to get the feel for it.

I didn't use it through an amp, only headphones, so I'll try it with an amp tomorow.
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Good, keep the reviews coming men!
        custom made Les Paul
        VOX Tonelab LE
        ADA MP1
        BBE 422A
        Lexicon MPX-G2
        ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
        Support Your Local 81

Comment

Well, gave it a spin through my amp. It sounds pretty good, but I still ain't liking all of the delay settings. Again, most of the distortions are sounding the same to me. Making changes take a little time to get use to.

I think I'm sending it back for a line6 pod x3 or xt. I tried an x3 and was impressed. What I'd really like is the roland vg99, but can't justify the 1100.00 price tag.

Comment

Does It Basically Just Sound Like A Chameleon In A Floor Pedal?

Comment

I never had a chameleon, so I couldn't say.

Comment

After some time using it, how is it?
                custom made Les Paul
                VOX Tonelab LE
                ADA MP1
                BBE 422A
                Lexicon MPX-G2
                ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                Support Your Local 81

Comment

I ended up sending it back. The effects just sounded too similar and overdone to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X