Anybody heard a Mesa F30 head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody heard a Mesa F30 head?

There's one cheap up here, but i have no idea what they're like - Any thoughts / comments would be appreciated!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

I played one very briefly a year or so ago. This was when I was still trying to find the tone in my fingers...

However, I remember it being very British. Not your Rectumfrier sound. But to be honest I cant really remember much apart from it had a nice clean that I wasnt expecting and having a British voice..

It was the amp that made my ditch my Peavey Classic 30 and get a Mesa Studio 22. So it cant have been an awful amp...
    Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

I had an F-30 1x12 combo for a couple years. It was very cool, and I loved the separate reverb for each channel. The cleans could get Fender-like with the push/pull bright control on the gain pot, and the distortion channel was sweet, especially with the contour control engaged. I don't think it was very British sounding at all. It had a darker tone than a Marshall, but it wasn't your typical real high gain Recto tone. I think it was pretty much a cross between the Mark and Studio or Subway Series amps.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I jam through my buddy's F100 combo all the time. He loves it. It's a decent amp, but I wouldn't nessesarily call it MY ideal tone.

I don't think it sounds as "tube-like" as it should.

I had a Mesa Express 5:50 for a few months that I thought sounded much better, though it had less gain than the F series amps. I had quality control issues with on 5:50, exchanged it for another, which had different issues, so I got my money back and bought a Heritage Colonial amp. I liked the sound of the Mesa a lot, but I got scared off by the issues I experienced on TWO of them.

- E.
        Last edited by AlexL; 05-03-2008, 11:55 PM.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
        X