Got Flexwave 120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Flexwave 120

I finally figured out where my income tax refund was going. Found a great deal on this rig and decided that I haven't pissed of the neighbors recently. It is just a little bit of an upgrade from the Fender Frontman 15 watter I was playing.

Nice budget rig!! You'll have a blast (as will your neighbors). Nice score!

Comment

That is a sweet sounding amp. I always liked the Crate Flexwave distortion.

Comment

Very cool! I've been thinking of getting rid of some stuff and checking one of those out. How heavy can the distortion get, and can you footswitch the effects on and off?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't know best how to describe the way the footswitch works with the effects, but in essence, yes you can. Your best bet is to go to the Crate website and take a look at the owners manual. It is only a few pages long and it describes how the footswitch and the effects work better than I can.

I have only gotten a few hours on it so far, but I love the tone. The on the OD channel I only have at about 10:00 and get a pretty decent Judas Priest tone. The high gain sounds pretty good to me, but I mostly go for power and progressive metal so I am not looking for a Bogner type sound either. I think I could definitely get a better tone with some Celestions or Emminence speakers, but when the amp and cab was under $400 brand new, I am not going to complain.

Comment

Cool. Thanks! I'll check their site and definitely look into one of these.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I played around with a Crate VTX350H head yesterday, and I was really pretty impressed with the sound and effects that were built in. I don't think the 350 is available any more, but there is now a 250. If someone is looking for a nice sounding budget SS head or combo, the VTX series is pretty cool. Looks tough too. Not the usual Crate look... If I had a cab, that head probably would have followed me home yesterday. It still has the harsh Crate distortion, but it can be easily dialed out. Not like the old days when you had to just deal with it.

Comment

Working...
              X