Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you take the "easy way out" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you take the "easy way out" ?

I read in an interview with the Late Great Dimebag Darrel that he considered getting a winning combination of a well known guitar and a well known amp, the "easy way out"

With a Les Paul and a Marshall for example or with a Tele and a Twin reverb, you KNOW it'll sound good. According to Dimebag it was more challanging to make unusual combinations work, to craft your own sound from working outside the bag. Dimebag himself played Dean guitars through Randall Solid state amps and made the combination work.

In my own case I'll happily go the easy way out. I know my combination of Gibson Les Paul, London city Bulldog (Itself a copy of the Marshall JCM 900) halfstack and my Boss GT5 processor sounds good and I don't see anything wrong with sticking with it.

Jackson and a Mesa Mark IV
    CURRENT GEAR SET UP
    2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
    1989 JACKSON KING V
    1984 JACKSON RR
    AXE FX II
    MESA BOOGIE 2:90
    DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
    FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
    (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
    (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

Comment

Soloist
      DSL100 1/2 stack.

Comment

Fender Jim Root Tele and a Line 6 SpiderValve???

Not exactly a "standard", but it works for me!!

Comment

Jackson -> Boss GT-8 (with HC) -> Crate powerblock -> 4x12 with Warehouse Lead 80's

Even though I have a Marshall JMP-1 and a Carvin TS100, I'm trying to go ASS (All Solid State) as possible and try not to sound like an ass. Plus, its easier to carry than the 50lb rack.
          Last edited by emperor_black; 05-13-2008, 06:27 PM.
          Sam

Comment

Me: Guitar-Cord-Amp! FX: Reverb or Delay.
            Jackson-Belden-Vox AD30VT "XL". Have 11 FX at my fingertips. Plenty for me just F'in around in a room.
            Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Charvel 475 or Yamaha AES420 into a Hughes & Kettner Warp7 combo, works good for me.
              B är elakare! /Mårten hagström, Meshuggah

*Charvel 475
              *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

Custom Warmoth strat -> DigiTech GSP1101 Preamp -> shitty ss poweramp

Sounds Fantastic IMO. One of these days I'll post clips

Comment

Charvel 475/LTD Viper 400 (->EHx Metal Muff)/(->Traynor Blue 50w 112)

Comment

Around here, the easy way out is an Epiphone or Squier through a Peavey. A real Les Paul through a Marshall is still considered a primo & luxurious setup where I live.

Comment

JEM or Jackson/Charvel Bolt-on -> ToneLab LE -> Powered speakers.

Comment

I agree with Dime on this. Nobody in the world has played my exact combo of guitar/effects/amp. I'm not going to list what it is, because I want to keep it that way!

Comment

Charvel/Jackson/Ibanez -> Carvin (at the moment, but I am looking for a 50 watt AOR head
                          Out Of Ideas

Comment

Charvel, Ibanez, Squier, Burny through a 50 watt AOR half stack. I guess not the "easy way", but it works just fine for me.

Frigo, good luck on your AOR search. Worth it, IMHO.
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Charvel through a Vetta combo.
                              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
                              X