Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you take the "easy way out" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
    Dime didn't have time to worry about getting the right combination. He was more concerned with his awesome wardrobe.
    :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      That was a crap statement from the late great Dimebag. He absolutely took the easy way out in regards to amps and guitars. The majority of his tone came from his fingers. There was nothing magical about his tone. The magic was in his playing and his writing and his passion for all that is metal
      Umm, I think his fingers only played a minor, minor, minute part in his tone.

Comment

Originally posted by FastJunkie View Post
        Umm, I think his fingers only played a minor, minor, minute part in his tone.

wrong bro.
        Somebody said that EVH could play out of a transitor radio speaker with a Fender Squire and you could instantly tell it was him. Same thing with Dimebag and many other of the greats.

Comment

I'm guessing (hoping?) that he was going for sarcasm there

Comment

Jackson RR5 or RR1, Crate Blue Voodoo 120. That's me.

Comment

wrong bro.
              Somebody said that EVH could play out of a transitor radio speaker with a Fender Squire and you could instantly tell it was him. Same thing with Dimebag and many other of the greats.
              You don't honestly believe that do you? No offense but that sounds ridiculosly stupid. Whoever said that was full of shit....

Comment

I think it's called hyperbole.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                  Honestly, Dime would sound good thru any decent rig. I, however, need all the help I can get!
                  +1 Dime would sound like Dime w/ any rig.

For me it's either my First year SRV and a Hot Rod Deville w/ 2 12's for the Bluesy stuff
                  or
                  any of my Charvel/Jacksons or a Les Paul and an 86 JCM800 w/ a Vintage Tweed Cab
                  for the Metal

Comment

i used to play BCRichs or charvel thru a randall RGT100 tube halfstack. it was modded for more gain but basically stock.
                    i bought that amp new, i remember going in to buy a RG100 solid state after i tried the tube head i was sold, bought it on the spot. its the only amp i ever bought new. its still collecting dust somewhere in my parents basement.

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
                      Vid 1

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

vid 2

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      LOL! That's great. Playing that thing live would show some real balls, though

Comment

I have the most unique setup EVER.

Neck Thru Jackson => ADA MP1=> Indian MAde 15 watt Marshall(thru the CD In jack)

I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

My take on this:

For music to be appealing to a lay (i.e., normal) audience the tone has to be as good, if not better than the playing. A great player can be hampered from an inferior tone, while a mediocre player can sound astounding through a good rig. While Gilmour is a great player (no shredder) part of his ability to control an audience with his instrument is in his ability to NAIL a superb tone.

Now, since I suck I have to have a great tone

Les Paul(s) -------> Marshall Silver Jubilee (2555)

Comment

offtopic:

Awesome RD does it still have the stock pickup in the vid?
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

wrong bro.

+ a gagillion
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post
                                Now, since I suck I have to have a great tone
                                We are eerily the same...

Comment

Working...
                                X