Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you take the "easy way out" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish that would work for me. I seem to have a knack for making any rig sound like a $20 transistor radio
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      wrong bro.
      Somebody said that EVH could play out of a transitor radio speaker with a Fender Squire and you could instantly tell it was him. Same thing with Dimebag and many other of the greats.
      ** It was posted last year, that in Japan i think? EVH played an import
      strat thru a 15 watt Marshall practice amp...and he had tons o' "Brown sound" !!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
        We are eerily the same...
        :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
          According to Dimebag it was more challanging to make unusual combinations work
          Whatever floated his boat. I think that is all bullshit, like he's that much of a rebel to not follow the trend of using the bigger company's gear. I dig the guy, but that statement is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
            My trusty... Hello Kitty Strat and Roland Microcube!
            OMG! I have been wanting to get one of those and install EMGs in it. That or the butterfly Daisy Rock guitar. I just think it would get a funny rise out folks at our shows when we play stuff we do:

Writhing's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Comment

Originally posted by ezbprimerib View Post
              Whatever floated his boat. I think that is all bullshit, like he's that much of a rebel to not follow the trend of using the bigger company's gear. I dig the guy, but that statement is silly.
              You must admit that crafting his tone around a pure SS amp was not quite the usually trodden path.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                You must admit that crafting his tone around a pure SS amp was not quite the usually trodden path.
                Sure, guys like Glen Drover and Andy LaRoque come to mind.

Sometimes you have to cradle the balls while you suck the cock..that's my wife's advice!

I'm high..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

A Laney Pro Tube AOR 100 watt, and an Epiphone LP Custom with a Seymour Duncan Distortion in the bridge.

Maybe this is the "easy way"...I just know it sounds killer!
                  Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical
                  Amps: Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 100 Watt, Laney LC-30II, Fender Frontman 25 watt
                  Cab: Laney GS412P 4x12

Comment

Carvin or Charvel into a THD Univalve/Avatar Cab.

Comment

Dinky (loaded with DiMarzio's) into Laney /w a Behringer cab. (via 7 pedals, three of them Behringer, lol)

Works for me.
                      "The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made." - Groucho Marx

"I never accepted the idea that I had to be guided by some pattern or blueprint." - Little Richard

Comment

Anyone of my many J/C's or my Inanez, or Dean, or frankenstien or parts mutts or what ever i feel. through my pedal board which has a bunch of pedals on it but only three of them contribute to my sound. Mostly MT2, boss PQ4 and my NS2. I have 3 other distortion pedals that i swap out or use for a differnt sound but the MT2 gets the nod most of the time. All this into my crate VFX212. I love this amp. Sounds great weighs a ton and its the sound in my head. I just run the clean channel and use my pedals. And yes ton is in your figers, how you hold the pick and how you attack the strings etc. Clapton sounds like clapton through any rig. As does EVH or Billy Gibbons or me. I sound like me know matter what i play through. Im not great but i always have the same fingers so that remains constant.
                        If my crate isnt available I use my Rockman XP10 combo. currenlty without the pedals cus i dont have room at my work bench. But it sounds great through head phones.
                        Gil

Comment

The easy way out? Maybe at some point in time when can afford some descent gear. Guitar players are real tone whores. Every rocker should own a real Marshall at some point in life. That is what is based off. (depending on your style of rock of course) What ever music you listen to inspires all of us to what we want from our finger tips to our speakers. So to the easy way I say yes. You have to start some where.
                          Just one more guitar!

Comment

the easy way out?

october this year I will have been playing for 33 years.
                            I have met,played with and even been friends with some very talented(and some very famous) guitarists....that being said,the more talented they were,the more they sounded like "themselves" through whatever they happened to be playing...
                            as for me,my easy way out is....my guitar(I have many,use of which depends on the song)>MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive>Boss CH-1 chorus>Marshall JCM-900 100W combo into 2X Marshall 4X12's and an Ampeg VL-1002 into a Jackson 4X12
                            easy....loud as hell,but easy

Comment

My setup is either:

1. Charvel Star with Dimarzio SD bridge and YJM neck PU's though a Marshall JCM 900 or a Line 6 pod xt set to the 18 watt Marshall setting. This has been beyond awesome because of the choice of sounds between the YJM and SD. I can go from Iron Maiden to Brad Paisley with a flip of a switch.

2. Hamer Artist Korina HB with dual SD 59's through a Line 6 pod xt set to the 18 watt Marshall setting. Classic rock all the way. This gives me Frampton, Sykes, and Page.

I also have a Hamer Standard with Rio Grande's BBQ set. Love the sound when I play alone, but can't get a good mix with another guitarist with it. The guitar itself is stellar.
                              Last edited by Flatpicker; 08-21-2008, 08:30 AM.
                              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Jackson KV2 (bolt on/EMG'81) >Korg DRT1000>BossMT-2>Engl620 Preamp>Marshall9200>Marshall 1960B cab

Never saw someone with my setup yet, but my units aren't that uncommon.
                                'Howling in shadows
                                Living in a lunar spell
                                He finds his heaven
                                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                                X