Gas Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Attack!

OK so I finally decided to go with a Marshall. The only other one I have had was the 9500 block so this will be my first head.

After painstaking research on a shit load of forums and playing some stuff I decided my best option was the 6100 Anniversary.

It is the black one with a footswitch off of evilbay that I got for $1099 delivered.

Not a bad price I thought so I snagged it.

I like the options it has.

Last edited by shredmonster; 05-16-2008, 01:05 PM.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

meh. I had one of the combos of these. Didnt like it. Hope it works out for you. I liked the Bray I recommended to you better. YMMV. Definitely versatile, enjoy.

Comment

I've heard good things about the 6100. Its one of the few Marshalls I have never owned or played through.

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
        OK so I finally decided to go with a Marshall. The only other one I have had was the 9500 block so this will be my first head.

After painstaking research on a shit load of forums and playing some stuff I decided my best option was the 6100 Anniversary.

It is the black one with a footswitch off of evilbay that I got for $1099 delivered.

Not a bad price I thought so I snagged it.

I like the options it has.

Interesting. I just bought one off ebay. Clean was great, It had the crunch of my Marshall SLX, but the lead channel was broken. Beware, its one of those bad designs that when it breaks, its probably gonna cost ya. Alot of the online mod places like FJA and Voodoo amps dont even fix it. From Voodoo Amplification We do not offer circuitry Modifications for the 6100 series. They
        have a
        factory design flaw in these amps that results in very costly repairs.

So beware. Im gonna sink some $$$ in it. Because i Like the rhythm sounds. I hope I like the lead sounds as well. Good luck
        www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
        the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

I know a guy who use to sell these when they first came out and he said they are great sounding amps.

On a used old amp head like this I am going to immediately run it into a tech to get it biased, and everything checked out.

They get good reviews overall. Guess I will find out. These have the 6V6 tubes in them - the last amp I played with these tubes was a Budda Superdrive 45 and it sounded fantastic.

If I don't like the tubes in this amp I will get it modded for EL34's.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Don't those Marshalls have 6L6's and not 6V6's? That seems like a small tube for a big Marshall head.

I think you may have typed the wrong letter but I was just curious if indeed you meant "6V6".
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Yeah sorry, 6L6's - typo. I think I might like these better than the EL34's which to my ears are somewhat harsh sounding.

Supposedly you don't have to run a pedal but the guy I am buying from says it sounds great with a tube screamer on the 2nd channel.

Supposedly new tubes in it also.

A bitch to fix or mod though because you have to take the circuit board out to get at the stuff and that is what some people refer to as a design flaw and some guys don't like to work on them and it can be expensive.

But I love the features of this thing. I just did not like the JVM at all.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I owned a blue 30th when it came out and liked it. I couldn't get the JVM to sound "bad"..I dunno. The JVM can cover the tone of a 6100 and then some IMO.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oooh, nice head. I have enough amps, but one of these would definitely tempt me to splash some cash.

Enjoy it!!
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                  X