ART SGE Mach II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    Hey did you ever get this issue resolved? I just fished mine out of the closet and powered it up, and it's doing the same thing as yours. DAMN!
    Just leave it on for awhile. It's on almost all the time, and the problem has gone away, though I have not left it without power for more than a few seconds, even then it is an improvement. No clue why, but it has. To reset it, hit Down, 1, and 4 at the same time.

Comment

I bought one new way back when and it was DOA out of the box. I opened it up and one of the wires from the power cable was just dangling. I fixed that it and worked ever since then. As a matter of fact I still have it around here somewhere I just have not used it years.

Comment

maybe it has an internal battery.

Comment

Unfortunately no SGE
          http://www.artproaudio.com/default.a...6&p2=0&p_id=66
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Checked my manual. If I can get my scanner working, I could scan any pages if someone needs them. There is a battery in it. My guess is that when you have it on for long periods of time, it recharges somewhat, but when it's off, it drains on the battery constantly until it's back on.

Comment

Nothing ever looked better on the front with the "Splash" !

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Not true. mA is a measure of the maximum current the adapter puts out. Anything at or over the required current is fine, so yes the 800mA one you have will work fine.

12V is absolutely necessary though. More volts and you'll blow something up and fewer volts and it won't operate correctly.

Oh, another thing to check is polarity (which piece is positive and which is negative). THere's a graphic that shows this... Your adapter will have that graphic too.
                Also worth mentioning is that you can buy adapters at radioshack that have replaceable tips on them so you can choose the right polarity for your equipment.

-Steve
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

On sound equipment, controllers and pedals, the + is usually on the outside. On other devices is usually in the middle. Voltage, represent by a V is simply speed of the electrical flow and has to match. Current is intensity of the flow, represent by mA in which has to be at least the written rating or above. And BTW, the SGE mach 2 does have a battery inside.
                  Last edited by 9finger; 02-01-2013, 09:32 AM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Heh.

VERY helpful, and worth digging up a 5 year old thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X