No announcement yet.

Amp suggestions (Nevermore-ish) BILL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow Dumpywumpy, what a coincidence that you posted those settings.
    I put 6L6's back into my Rectoverb and someone over on the 7 string forum sent me these settings and except for the bass(I have it down close to 9:30) I'm using those exact settings (especially the boost pedal settings) and wouldn't you know it, tone is dead on now.
    On modern mode with the presence down at 9:00 oclck it sounds really close to DHIADW.
    SomeOne sent me a BT for "Engines of hate", I will try and record a take asap so you can check it out.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

You sumbitches!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

What do you guys with Recto's run the channel volume at? In the manual it says not to run it high on the high gain channels because it can damage the preamp tubes or something but I find when you crank the channel volume it really opens up the high end...

Comment

You smelly whores!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I keep it down at around 10:00 but only because I run stuff in the loop and the Channel volume acts as the loop send.
            If I have nothing in the loop I crank it up to about 1-2:00.

Bill we can't help it
            we'sss is skanks

Comment

Don't have a Recto, but I run my clean channel volume as high as it goes and then set the dirty channel to match volume-wise. Usually ends up being around 10:00.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Don't have a Recto, but I run my clean channel volume as high as it goes and then set the dirty channel to match volume-wise. Usually ends up being around 10:00.
                Yeah I'm not really concerned about matching the volumes, just the tonal impact of the channel volume... Once you get past 2-3 o'clock on the Recto's channel volume, it adds a lot of bite to the sound and opens it up alot. You can't match this volume with the clean channel though, and the instructions say not to run the channel volume that high because it can damage parts in the amp, but it sounds so much better I'm going to bugger around more with it when I get back home from work but from the time I spent with it, it is definitely not going to see as much action as my Blackmore or 5150... Might sell it and look for a Framus Cobra or something, but for some reason I like having a Recto, even if I can't get it to sound the way I want

Comment

I'll have to try that , I've never had the channel volume past noon on mine.
                  I usually run mine with the channel at 9-10) and the output(real master) up at noon.

Comment

you fargin bastages

Comment

I'm remembering a thread here a month or two ago about channel volume versus master volume. I remember experimenting with it but forget what I found, since the volume matching between the channels is more important for me.

Here it is.

Basically found that channel volume up lead to tighter, buzzier sound, master volume up lead to looser, more open sound.
                      Last edited by Spivonious; 05-31-2008, 09:05 AM.
                      Scott

Comment

Working...
                      X