Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EVH 5150 lll...Number 3...DEAD...*?!##*!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH 5150 lll...Number 3...DEAD...*?!##*!!

Well fucking done Fender, I've had MR TWANG amps that are more roadworthy/reliable...lost for fucking words...

That sucks, I was considering that AMP as well.

Comment

Wow. This is seriously ridiculous.

Comment

We had a Mexican made Zenieth TV that was crap. If they couldn't built a cheap TV right, I had no faith from good, complex, amps. It's ashame that you went through that, though you had more patience than me (it would of been one in done). What happened to it?

Comment

maybe it's your fault..............

just throwin that out there :P

Comment

Shit luck there. Time to try some of the others in the shop I reckon, chances of three lemons is quite slim.

I hope it didn't go down mid-gig? Same problem again or a different one?
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

WTF????? unbelieveable!

Comment

Same problem, footswitch craps out and all volume is lost. I did actually consider that it might be something I was doing wrong with it (aside from buying the fucking thing), so I went to the trouble of replacing all my cables just in case. I never plug it directly into the mains power supply, it connects via an anti surge socket, as does the rest of my gear. Also, I took into consideration the fact that I've been playing through a multitude of valve amps for the past 20 years or so without a problem. I've had three Fender amps in as many weeks, all dead. It ain't me...

Luckily, it lasted for a two hour set last night with no problems (I had a 5150 combo as back up anyway), it's when I plugged in this morning, lasted a further hour then...I'm too angry to say it again...
                Last edited by SEAN RAF; 05-25-2008, 12:50 PM.

Comment

That really sucks because everyone says they sound so good.

Maybe in a year or two they will have worked out all the bugs.
                  Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                  Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

I'm wondering if the European stock all come from the same batch and if there are some faulty components in that batch, or as I suspect that they're shite.

Well I hope whatever you go for next works for you or I'll have to drive down the M6 and throw pints down your neck.
                    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

three strikes.. they're out!

..fuggums.

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        three strikes.. they're out!

..fuggums.

My thoughts as well.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Yeah, I would kiss these things goodbye once and for all. I hope you can get out of it without losing cash (warranty or w/e?)!
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I don't know about the bad batch thing, my first one was a low serial number, in the low 500's, the next was in the mid 2000's and this one is 4059...

Comment

don't know if I'm gonna laugh or be saddened on your behalf!! you'd think they'd make absoultely 110% sure that a customer who's already have two amps gone bust, would not get a third....geez..

oh well what can I say...time to try out an ENGL

Comment

Working...
                              X