Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EVH 5150 lll...Number 3...DEAD...*?!##*!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shobet View Post
    You're more patient that I would have been. I'd be pushing fender for some compensation in some form or another as well.
    I'm with you! I just got done reading this thread. I would have told Fender to shove that EVH a long time ago. You can't find a better head in the $2000 range? For a couple hundred more you could get a Bogner that would stomp the shit out of that EVH in tone and quality.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
      Yeah, like a second EVH III for backup or something...
      or 2 or 3 backups. You could use one for each set.
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
        Number four hasn't been delivered yet. I've got number 1 back which has been repaired by Fender. They know what the problem is, so hopefully I'll get a suitably adjusted new amp...

Dude I wish you well this number 1 err 4 or whatever it is :ROTF:

I cant imagine why thy fender/EVH hasnt issued a recall if these things catch fire. Thats a huge lawsuit waiting to happen. Do you think its a 220v thing?

Comment

Originally posted by krimson View Post
          or 2 or 3 backups. You could use one for each set.
          He'd need more; like one for each song. :ROTF:
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            He'd need more; like one for each song. :ROTF:
            Nope, just 2 heads and an a/b box. Since it's the channel switching that is nuking them you just need one head per channel and an a/b switcher.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

A Bogner Uberschall head would cost another £500 ($1000) here in the UK. The EVH's tone, as far as I'm concerned, is the best I've heard in its price range. If I had more money, I'd be going for the Ecstasy (£2400 or $4800) or the Diamond Spec Op which is a similar price. But I don't have any more money...

Comment

You know, I noticed David Cook had two EVH heads 5150 III's on a 4x12 when he was on american idol. I kept wondering why, maybe he a/b'ed the heads.
                Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

my bet is that by the time you get an EVH amp that actually works and won't catch fire, you could have saved up enough cash to buy any boutique amp in the world

Comment

Buy a Vetta..they were the end all-be all of all amps ever created ..a few years ago.

The EVH III program was already in there years before the EVH III came out.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've had a Vetta. I thought it would be the answer, it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
                        Sounds like the exact same problem(s) I've experienced. As long as I don't plug in the footswitch, everything's fine. Maybe I should just look for a big stick (of the finest mahogany) to switch channels...or perhaps a big tin of lighter fluid (of the finest petroleum) to set fire to the fucker...
                        *** On the 3 that we have...(2 my brother in laws...1 mine) All of the
                        foot switches work fine. (i too, like the blue middle channel the best!
                        After small trouble with 2 of these EVH's... it's been 100% since Jan. 08
                        Just lucky i guess?

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                          I cant imagine why thy fender/EVH hasnt issued a recall if these things catch fire. Thats a huge lawsuit waiting to happen. Do you think its a 220v thing?
                          The UK is (allegedly) on 230v +/- 10%. (But most places meter a nice 240v).

What you need Sean, is a nice Gorilla 15w combo!
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                            The UK is (allegedly) on 230v +/- 10%. (But most places meter a nice 240v).

What you need Sean, is a nice Gorilla 15w combo!
                            My first amp, all I can say is FIZZZZZZZZ
                            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

FIZZ is better than KABLOOEY! :ROTF:

Fuck the EVHIII! Sucks for anyone who got one into the country here, imagine what sorta shit would happen then!

Comment

Sean, you know what you do......hmmm I dunno.
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X