Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify this Soldano for me

I know ZILCH, SQUAT about soldanos.

Some dude offered to trade this one for my Mesa Boogie Quad + 50/50. But before I can decide, I need to know its value, so I need to know wtf it is.

I'm thinking a Soldano would be easier to sell than the Quad and 50/50, so I would sell the Soldano to finance the Powerball.

I'm thinking it's an Avenger?

Sincerely,
    your favorite NOOB
    Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 05-26-2008, 03:24 PM.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Hotrod 50+ XL ....Is that right?

How are these amps? Especially in resale (Europe)?

This is kind of speculating, would I or would I not get more money of I sold this than I would if I'd sell the quad and 50/50. THAT is the question!

Being young & poor sucks!
    Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 05-26-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

It looks very much like an SLO. If it is, it should be marked as such on the back. Ask for a closeup of the rear panel. IMO, an SLO is worth more than your rig, but not more than other Soldano models.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

It's not an SLO. Pretty sure it's a Reverb-o-Sonic. Its two channels are based on the clean and crunch channels of the SLO, but it's lacking the massive gain circuit of the overdrive channel. Which defeats the purpose of owning a Soldano, IMO.

The ROS is pretty rare in head form, howver.
        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

HR 50XL+

Two channels, 50 watts, with depth control. This is a very nice amp and IMHO a good trade for a quad+50/50 rig. While this won't have the gain of an SLO they are great sounding amps. SLOs are $3k+ new now and used ones are going for $2.2K or so.

Will he let you try it out first? Running this through a good 4x12 with greenbacks will give you some good stuff...

Bret
          www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

I had a HR 50 and HR 100..ehhh not bad, nothing like a SLO.

I actually liked my SL 60 MUCH better..it used to nail "Unchained"..the others couldn't.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So I called a local shop today, to see how much they'd offer to take it off my hands.

The answer? 600 euros!

Comment

Working...
              X