help with amp selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with amp selection

going to keep this short and simple. i need a new amp. i have a line6 spiderII 15w. just a little practice amp with lots of gain on insane. it's time to move on though.

need something with lots of gain. looking for a combo amp. SPACE IS LIMITED. NO STACK. as much as i would love to i can't. i thought about doing a valve king with some sort of pedal in front of it but i'd rather get all the natural distortion i can from the amp before i start whacking it with pedals. i don't care so much about price. not that money isn't an issue i just want something that's going to last me a good while. maybe has some versatility in tones?

i play everything from wintersun to dream theater to all sorts of power metal.

Carvin V3 combo?

https://www.carvinguitars.com/produc...?product=V3212

Three channels, switchable between 100 and 50 watts, comes with footswitch, gain for days, good cleans, and you can return it if you don't dig it. *shrug*
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

If you need a pedal in front of a valveking, you are using too much gain.

Comment

Peavey 5150 combo.

Comment

True or a Rivera K Tre' combo.
          I love admins!

Comment

Amps are like clits. What works for one doesn't work for another. Some clits like to be caressed, some rubbed, some soft, some hard, some fast, some slow, some on the left, some on the right, some side to side, some up and down, some with a finger in the pink..sometimes in the brown.

Puds aren't fussy as the pussy..they could be happy in a cannelope, melon, or honeydew..happy to shoot the goo.

By

Bill Z Suess.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If you like the Spider, just get the Spider Valve 2x12 combo. I love mine, and it is L-O-U-D!!!

Comment

ENGL Screamer. Ive got one. Has more gain than ill ever need.
                If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Go with a used Spider II..either the 1-12" 30.. or 2 12" 75.

For one you can find one for cheap, cheap, cheap, and you already know you like it.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Valve Kings are horrible so I'd avoid those....

Comment

I got fine tones out of the VK combo I had. Wish I had kept it, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                        If you need a pedal in front of a valveking, you are using too much gain.
                        yes. We have one at the shop i teach at, i use it as my warm up amp usually. With a pedal, like a ts9 or something, it does sound good, tho.
                        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I suggest a DIEZEL Einstein combo. It's a good Hi-gain combo. Not as loud as a DIEZEL Herbert head but it's OK. You won't need any pedal with this amp.

Tons of the sweet distortion i've ever heard.

This amp is also versatile, you can play any style with it, from blues to the most extreme metal.

Take a look

http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/einstein.19.0.html
                          Last edited by Itnasbloody; 05-31-2008, 05:25 AM.
                          DARK METAL

Comment

i would say go with the peavey 5150/6505 combo (if you like loose sound) or the peavey xxx (if you likea bit more compressed sound)

Comment

spider valve ! I though the crazy train patch was the best! now im kinda likeing the boss metalzone with it now. are u guys useing pedals?
                              Last edited by ken361; 05-31-2008, 09:22 AM.
                              EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
                              1959Epiphone les paul
                              george L cables
                              mxr pedals
                              Engl fireball 100

Comment

Working...
                              X