Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone compare the GT10 to the VG99?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone compare the GT10 to the VG99?

I am really liking what I am seeing in the Roland VG-99. I tried one out with my Dk1 and totally love the sounds I got. I am just having a problem with the 1200.00 price. I am wondering how the GT-10 stands up against the VG-99. Can anyone offer a comparison between them? Is there a comparison?

Thanks.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Seems to me they are two different animals. If you want an effects machine get the GT10. If you want a Guitar Modeler get the VG99. They have similarities but are very different.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I was hoping maybe the GT-10 would be the same as far as the effects go minus the special features. (IE: ribbon controller, d-beam, etc) I don't think I'd use those items much, but love the sound the VG-99 produces, especially with my DK1.

But I agree with you, two separate beasts entirely.
      Would the GT-10 compare more with the ME-50? I had one of those and didn't care for it much.
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

ah...NO! GT -8 even is 3 times what the ME-10 was! I can only guess
        that the GT-10 would be 20% more? :-)) And if you want to mess
        around with all the toys...get the Roland GR-20 with GK-3 pickup, and
        synth your ass off! $550.00 total.. mount on your axe...and play sax!

Comment

Working...
        X