Anyone use Randall mts modules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Randall mts modules?

Thinking of picking up 1 of these ,maybe the rm4 and carvin power amp. Do any of these modules sound like a mark IV lead tone? I heard the xtc module was very good. I need to get a clean ,mid gain and 2 hi gain. Looking for a mark lead tone and a xtc lead tone. Any Lynch modules good? Thanks ,I might get the 50 head but its only 2 channels ,thats why I'm thinking maybe the preamp. Thanks

The Randall RM series is great. I have the 100 model with blackface, modded recto, modded XTC and ultra. The blackface has a great Fender clean. The modded modules were modded by Twisteramp (Pete) and they are awesome. I have EL34's in the power section currently and I love the sound of this amp. Try one - you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
      The Randall RM series is great. I have the 100 model with blackface, modded recto, modded XTC and ultra. The blackface has a great Fender clean. The modded modules were modded by Twisteramp (Pete) and they are awesome. I have EL34's in the power section currently and I love the sound of this amp. Try one - you won't be disappointed.
      What he said I have an RM100 and bought lots of modules used off E-Bay. Pete from Twisteramps modded an XTC and an SL+ for me and they sound great. I also have a stock XTC which sounds nice. I use the Blackface for cleans. As for the Lynch modules, I have the Mr. Scary, another great one! I'm not a big Metallica fan but the new KH-1, 2, and 3 sound good. The modules are addictive but the good news is there are deals to be had on the used stuff on the net Oh, and I run EL34's in mine. In case you weren't aware of it, you can also use te Egnater modules in the Randall RM series amps. The earlier Egnater modules are single channel just like the Randalls while the newer Egnaters are dual channel. The Dual channel while still work in a Randall but you only get one of the two channels.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I bought an (used) RM100 myself. Waiting to get it back from the shop. I haven't even plugged it in yet

Comment

I've got a Lynch box, and in addition to the above mentioned modules my favorite is the Brahma...Great amp!

Comment

I blew my RM100 up. It sounded great but since I had it repaired it hasn't been the same. It could just be the player. I really like the SL+ and the XTC.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
            X