No announcement yet.

just grabbed a Micro Cube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro Cube is a great little amp. I always take one when camping. I have 2, one for the car when I meet up for a guitar sale !!

Comment

ok here's some pics of the 'lil bugger
      they have white and red tolex available now

the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
        Anyone tried the line6 micro spider and compared it to the cube?
        I would have a Cube over the low end Line 6 Spiders any day. they sound fuller and aren't as harsh imo. Plus you could throw the Cube out a window and it would still probably work

Comment

I have the cube 30...great amp! Wish i had something like it back in the 70's... I could have been a GOD!

Comment

Slightly old thread revival......

Just picked up one of these off ebay. Great little amp, couldn't of asked for anything better.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues. Mine seems to work great except for a bit of a buzz on the clean amp settings- jc clean, blackface. This mostly occurs when using the stock neck humbucker of a Epi LP Custom. Not a particularly great pup.

It's not much of a concern but it is there. I'm going to take the grill off, clean out any dust and re tighten.

Obviously being a 2 watt 5 inch speaker has it's limitations. Seems like it has a problem with some lower bass frequencies.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so how was it fixed (or ignored).

Cheers

Comment

i gt exactly the same in white classic

aswsum little amp pretty loud quite versatile cant go wrong for the money

Comment

Yeah I've been quite surprised how loud it is. Although I'm sitting pretty much directly in front of it in my kitchen. I know when I get too loud when my 4 yr old daughter tells me so.

Comment

the other thing these are great for is as a slave speaker for the iPod at rehearsal to listen to songs while learning them.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Yes, great little practice amps. I have one too, but not the white one.

Comment

You can put batteries in these too? Would be cool for busking.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My brother's cube runs on batteries is you want it to.
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

I bought a black one off someone here a coupla years back. Great amp, but yeah it has issues with lower bass tones, clean or dirty. Tried to replace the speaker (as I think I may have Metalli-farted it to death) but can't quite find the right size and ohms in a paper cone.

Anyhoo, they're definitely great little amps. Tons better than the BabyGorilla I had 20 years ago

I used it for my Halloween costume at work year before last - had it up under my biker jacket and played the Halford through it

Batteries rock!
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey funny thing is I had some friends around the other day and wanted to "impress" them so I cranked it louder than I have since buying it and later when I went to play it, no buzzing at all on any of the clean settings that I was using.

Guess it was collecting dust for a while before I bought it. Hooray for volume and trying to impress people with dodgy guitar playing.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeggar View Post
                              Hey funny thing is I had some friends around the other day and wanted to "impress" them so I cranked it louder than I have since buying it and later when I went to play it, no buzzing at all on any of the clean settings that I was using.
                              That's called an Italian Tune-up! :idea:
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                That's called an Italian Tune-up! :idea:
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X