Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a G-Flex tonight!

I'll post pics soon...

I've recommended these so many times that I finally had to get on myself!! I'll probably plug my Spider Valve into it just for fun, but will be using it mainly with my Pod and poweramp. I messed around with it a bit tonight - it very "middy" much like my last Mesa cab. Looks like I'll need to re-EQ my saved presets again... The low end was tight - not boomy at all. Overall a nice rounded sound, and no hesitation when pushed. I just need to get the mids dialed in on my preamp.

Ultimately, what I'm planning on doing is selling/trading my Floor Pod Plus and my Boss OD-20 Drive Zone for a 1st gen. Pod Pro that I'll use with both the G-Flex/poweramp setup, and in the loop of my SpiderValve. I did that last night using the Pod's effects rather than the SV's on-board effects, and it was MUCH better that way. The SV's delay is alright, but the modulation effects kinda suck.

Anyway, the cab is in minty condition - just one ding in the center of the top front edge that happened during shipping to the guy I bought it from. The best news - $300! What fun!! Craigslist s awesome!
    Last edited by chrisolson; 06-03-2008, 10:47 PM.

Some new rig pics. A couple things will be changing shortly - the Floor POD will be gone, as will the Boss OD-20. In their place will be a Boss SD-1, and a Line 6 POD Pro.

Down the road, it will probably be complemented by a Bogner Alchemist head if I get the chance to play one...

Comment

I thought those were supposed to be more bass-heavy and 'modern' sounding?

Comment

They can be.

It almost sounds like a 4x12, but I don't find mine to be really 'bass heavy' - it just sounds 'bigger' than a 2x12 normally would. As far as the tone, I find it to be middy the way my Mesa Recto cab was. I think the speakers are supposed to be like the V30's, and I would agree. I wish it was something a bit more neutral. Maybe I'll change them out to some G12T75's or something. One of the best cabs I've owned in the past 10 years or so was my B-52 AT-412B cab. Weird, huh?

Comment

Awesome looking cab. Wish I'd had the extra cash to spring for a Mesa 2x12" or something like this. But all I could afford was a Legacy cab... which is doing pretty good anyways!

Spidervalve fan club!

Comment

Nothing wrong with a Legacy - at least you didn't overpay. And yeah - despite all the haters, I really do love the SV. Mid gain stuff with the SD-1 in front of it is KILLER.

Comment

Agreed - I've been gigging mine at medium-sized pub venues for the past few weeks now, and it's performing really well!

Comment

very nice Chris!

G-Flex owners unite -

I've been gigging with mine now for 2 months, it's great!
                it's like having 4x12 power without the larger size.

the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Yep, I'm a happy owner.
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

There's an Orange 212 available locally now... I kinda wish I had seen that first.

Comment

Yup! works for me

Comment

Another happy GFlex owner right here.

Comment

Working...
                        X