Looking For Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Speakers

One of my big summer plans is to overhaul the 70's Traynor I have with new speakers, and (hopefully) new Tolex and a new grille. At the very least speakers and grill. I'm looking for a tight, crunchy British sound. It's a closed back 4x12, but has open back properties due to having a lot of room between the speaker and the back, and the speakers are just mounted to a big piece of plywood (?). I'm looking to have a max handling of about 200 watts to cover any future amp purchases.

My budget is about $450, but I could stretch it if I had good reason. I play a lot of 80's hair, though also do classic rock from time to time and heavy metal. My current considerations are Celestion V30s, G12M-25, Eminence The Governor and Man 'o Wars. Alternatively, I'm looking at Warehouse Speakers. I know they are Made in China, but I've heard a lot of good things.

I just popped a V30 into my Peavey ValveKing50 and what a difference.
    Nice speaker!
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

I think Celestions are also made in China now.

Comment

The one I just put in was Chinese... still sounds great!
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

I have a 2x12 with one G12H30 and one V-30. I like the overall sound of the cab but the G12H-30 sounds a little better/crisper. Just so you know they are all made in China now if that bothers you...only the high end celestions (blue and gold) are made in England, So, I had to buy older ones. GT12-75 sound good in my 4x12s, nice and tight.
          www.JerryRobison.com
          '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

I have a pair of G12M-75's in my 2x12 and I dig them. Nice and tight with good low end response.
            -Rick

Comment

The Eminence speakers are still made in USA, at least the Texas Heats in my cab are.

Comment

Seriously man go to this site. There clones are dead on and cheap.
                http://warehousespeakers.com/

Comment

Bag Ends.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Does Bag End sell speakers new on their own? All I can find are enclosures w/ speakers. As for Celestion, almost makes you wonder if they aren't made in the same factory as Warehouse, which are starting to look really good. Anyone know the tonal differences between models?

Comment

Working...
                    X