Zoom G2G Lynch signature pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom G2G Lynch signature pedal

I just ordered one of these. I will give it a complete run through when I get it and let everyone know how it performs. I will post the review by this weekend. Does anybody currently own one?
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Geez, he's a WHORE!! But I'll be waiting to hear your review - it looks like a cool unit...

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley7t View Post
      I just ordered one of these. I will give it a complete run through when I get it and let everyone know how it performs. I will post the review by this weekend. Does anybody currently own one?
      Is that the Zoom pedal? I'd be interested to hear your review..

Jef
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      Kiesel Aries
      Charvel USA Wild Card #3
      EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

Interested here as well.

Post a clip of Paris is Burning so we can see if it makes you sound like George.
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
          Interested here as well.

Post a clip of Paris is Burning so we can see if it makes you sound like George.
          :ROTF:

Comment

Funny, I have always hit the skip button after listening to it a couple of times. That is one track that never gets any play time at my house. I just dont care for it at all.

Comment

Funny, I have always hit the skip button after listening to it a couple of times. That is one track that never gets any play time at my house. I just dont care for it at all.
              Interesting, I don't love it as a complete song, but that was like the first exposure I had to Lynch and he blazes in the live version there.
              Last edited by Larz; 06-11-2008, 01:05 PM.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

This doesn't have the live cut intro from the album, but what the hell....surprised it was even out there. (Check out Don's guitar solo at 2:08)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Still want to hear your review though.
                Last edited by Larz; 06-11-2008, 08:13 PM.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

Well, After about 3 hours of use and alot of tweaking I was about to get a few usable tones out of the G2G. I had a bud over that has a G2 unit already. He pretty much summed up what I figured.

You are pretty much paying for the name on this one. The Lynch special presets are a mix of a couple usable tones and alot of garbage.

If I wanted my guitar to sound like a robot, I would add the effects myself. I mean really, what the hell is a clean underwater sound? I have never played my guitar underwater, have you?

I was going to do a really detailed review and list the presets, etc, but I would just be wasting your and my time. With the exception of a couple of the patches I could never get a sound that was anything but super digitized.

IMO, I would not waste your money on this pedal. If you are really into Zoom products, just buy the G2 and tweak it's patches. Let George earn his money touring and doing clinics.

Comment

Bummer... But GL does have a tendency to go for the $$$, and as he ages, I only expect it to get worse. I found the fact that he's endorsing Zoom stuff kinda odd in the first place... He's such a damn gear snob - that was the last place I expected him to have his name.

Thanks for saving us (his fans) from going out and buying a polished turd.

"Underwater" - that was HILARIOUS!!

Comment

I was also surprised when I got my new GW and saw the ad for this. Lynch is known for being very picky about gear and Zoom stuff sounds like crap, IMO, so I didn't think this would work.

On a side note - there was a Boss desktop modeler (GS-10 I think) a couple years ago that had some Lynch presets. Anyone have (or had) one of those and can comment on the tone/sounds? I think it had some Yngwie and Friedman presets too.
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Wow! That's one of my favorite Dokken tunes, the intro solo is cool and when the band kicks in, it just gets my blood going. There are some Dokken tunes that get the skip in my house, but that's definitely not one.
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                        X