Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes a 1 space guitar amp?

Besides the Rocktron Velocity?

I have a 2 space rack and 1 is for my processor so I need an amp that fits in 1 space.

i used to use a marshall valestate 80/80 power amp. it was okay. should be pretty cheap on the used market these days....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Boogie 20/20.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

How loud do you need it to be? 1-space units are all relatively low power.

Carvin makes one though, https://www.carvinguitars.com/produc...product=DCM150

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
          Boogie 20/20.
          +1

Comment

Powersoft. Fantastic amplifiers......NOT cheap though.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Carvin makes great poweramps.

Comment

ADA Microtube 100 or 200
                www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

Originally posted by xxxcreaturexxx View Post
                  ADA Microtube 100 or 200
                  Make sure you can try these before you buy. I've had two that have gone bad, as did three other people I know. They're getting a bit "aged" now, and are probably nearing the end of their operational lifespan.

When they work, they're great though.

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
                    Boogie 20/20.
                    Great sound, but don't you think a tube power amp in a 2-space rack with an effects processor is gonna put out undue heat? I just think you'd cook both units in that space. Maybe if he had a 4-space rack so there was vent space...
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

are you looking for a power amp, pre amp, or a rack head that is both a power and pre amp?
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                        Great sound, but don't you think a tube power amp in a 2-space rack with an effects processor is gonna put out undue heat? I just think you'd cook both units in that space. Maybe if he had a 4-space rack so there was vent space...
                        It's not vented on the top, the tubes are out back and are in open air so as long as you can open the back of your rack there won't be any problems. Mine's mounted with gear above & below and I've had no problems.

Heck, for years I had a Boogie 2:90 in a 6-space rack that was completely full and had no problems with it either. And that sucker had enough tubes that you could read by the tube's glow reflecting off a wall. Same deal though: the tubes are out back in open air and the amp isn't designed to vent on the top, bottom or sides.

I'll second the ADA Microtube suggestion as well. I had one for many years and it was a great little power amp. Never had a minute's trouble with mine but some people claim they're high maintenance pieces.
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I'm looking for a one space power amp for my guitar processor. I don't need mega power, just enough for a 4X12 cab or a couple of 1X12 cabs. That's all.

Comment

The Carvin DCM150 is great.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Do those SS Carvin power amps sound ok or do they partake a sterile cold sound even over a nice tube pre amp? I recall back before buying Rocktron rack units in the early/mid 90's, I considered Carvins (then) many power rack amps ranging from 150w to 1000w or more.

Comment

Working...
                              X