Tech 21 Trademark 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech 21 Trademark 300

Does anyone have this head, and how do you like it? I've played the TM-10 and TM-60 before. Nice amps for what they are? How is the 300? Someone may trade their 300 for my 50 caliber+, and though I'm not crazy about the 50, I don't know enough about the 300. So, would you say fair trade or stay away?

I've got a TM 300, and it's a very nice sounding head. I'm not sure how it compares to the other TM models, but I've got their Tri-A.C. pedal and it's very comparable to that. It's got your typical Fender, Mesa and Marshall Plexi tones, but I still wish it had a little more gain on tap even on the Mesa side. It does take well to pedals, though. The footswitch is awesome, and if you tap the button of whatever channel you're already on, it gives you the solo boost, there's also a level switch on the amp for the amount of boost you want (and there's also a dedicated solo boost switch), and the effects loops (parallel and series) also have separate switches. The thing about the loops, though, is they're line level and not instrument level, so rack effects sound fine, but pedals don't do so well in there.
    http://www.tech21nyc.com/tm300.html

I guess it would be a good trade for the Mesa if it's not your thing.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It would sound similar to a TM-10. Nothing like a TM-60, which is a completely different animal. Personally, I love Tech 21, and I'd go for it.

Comment

Working...
      X