damn you EJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn you EJ

New (old) Twin reverb head is on it's way to me thanks to the " boy knows his effects thread" that drove me GASsing over the edge for that EJ clean tone. I have wanted one for about 20+yrs now, and finding myself in another identity crisis about the player I want to become...pulled the trigger. So now I am on the prowl for a switcher and obviously the keeley framptone is first on the list, keeley fanatic that I am. I really want an ABC type switcher to blend 3 amp tones if I want, or split with a click. It would be nice if it had a dedicated looper (does anyone make that in a switcher?) to add effects to just one amp without pedal dancing. Probably going to hook the twin to my JCM 800 cab for now, I know the GT12-75s are less than ideal for cleans so if you have any suggestion on what to reload it with that would be great.

Good God... I will have to rewire my pedal board

1977 Twin Reverb....$442
    Switcher....+$300 (?)
    funeral expenses after wife kills me.... $5K+

Bitchin' clean tone...priceless
    www.JerryRobison.com
    '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Hmmm, have you played a CAE3+se?

Clean tone is blackface fender in the best way. ch. 2 is pretty Marshally 800 and three is lotsa saturated lead tone... Might be a thought, and simpler.

Comment

The die has been cast...never found a do it all amp that I liked...just too critical. I need one of those "Gear snob" shirts. After researching it appears that the framptone is winning....
      www.JerryRobison.com
      '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

$375 and the framptone wins! It will be a pain to set the whole thing up but, I think the tone will be worth it in the long run. Gives me a switcher for 3 amps in case I run the 50 watt 2204 for a lead channel and I can take my tuner out of the chain. And the diversity should make me a more well rounded player (?) No more new Jacksons or Charvels for a while.
        Last edited by Partial @ Marshall; 11-07-2008, 04:16 PM.
        www.JerryRobison.com

Comment

Im always happy to spend other peoples money!! Glad i could help you...help the Economy! :-)) Your gonna have some TONE BOY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            Im always happy to spend other peoples money!! Glad i could help you...help the Economy! :-)) Your gonna have some TONE BOY!!!
            I'm so stoked! Gonna start tearing apart my pedalbaord to make room for everything. Daniel @ Keeley says the three banger can be run pre or post effects with the exception of boost pedals. I'll be experimenting for a while. Might even hook my 2204 to my 2x12 and get a lead channel! 2-4x12s, 1-2x12, 1-100watt marshall, 1-50watt marshall, 1-135watt fender!
            The neighbors will FEAR ME!
            www.JerryRobison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
              I'm so stoked! Gonna start tearing apart my pedalbaord to make room for everything. Daniel @ Keeley says the three banger can be run pre or post effects with the exception of boost pedals. I'll be experimenting for a while. Might even hook my 2204 to my 2x12 and get a lead channel! 2-4x12s, 1-2x12, 1-100watt marshall, 1-50watt marshall, 1-135watt fender!
              The neighbors will FEAR ME!
              Uh Oh, EJ has created another dangerous one EJ certainly knows tone! Two years ago at NAMM we ran into Steve Lukather and my friend who is a tech is a big fan. So my friend had an 8x10 photo of his rack gear with him just in case we ran into Lukather to have him autograph it. He said to Lukather YOU created this and Lukather autographed it I'm Sorry Bill
              Get us a shot of your setup when its up and running. Who knows? maybe one day you'll run into EJ with picture in hand
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

I don't think EJ would like my JCM800 rhythm tone...It's a little..well...ANGRY! I'll post pics one of these days...amp should be here Thursday. I think all the lights in the house are gonna dim when I fire it up!

You guys have any suggestions on cabinet/speaker combos for my clean sound? I was thinkin' EVs or something tight that won't break up
                Last edited by Partial @ Marshall; 11-10-2008, 03:54 PM. Reason: Did I really misspell rythm, rythym? I suck
                www.JerryRobison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
                  Probably going to hook the twin to my JCM 800 cab for now, I know the GT12-75s are less than ideal for cleans so if you have any suggestion on what to reload it with that would be great.

Bitchin' clean tone...priceless
                  Classic lead 80?

Comment

Working...
                  X