X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
    I'm working on it.
    Actually, I have built it (twice).

But it still takes good speakers...at the very least a single twelve, to make it work.
    Yeah?

How much skill does it take to do that? I would be considered a complete novice in this area, but I do have skills when it comes to building electronic/electric devices (built many a complicated faux improvised explosive device to be used for training that actually would work as designed if real explosives were used).

Also, what kind of costs would be involved in a project like this?

Thanks,
    Bill
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

the Black hart is nice for the price. i just picked up a custom 2W amp that sounds absolutely killer. its made by Cliff Chappell here in houston. http://chappellamps.com/amplifiers/october/october.html Here are the specs on it. for house work even at low volume, it sounds really good dirty or clean. its warm, but tight... to me its got a very good balance.

Comment

Is volume a concern? Then I'd definitely stay away from tube amps.

The Line 6 Spider series of amps are great at low volumes but start to sound like crap when in a band situation.

Also check out the Vox Valvetronix series.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
          Yeah?

How much skill does it take to do that? I would be considered a complete novice in this area, but I do have skills when it comes to building electronic/electric devices (built many a complicated faux improvised explosive device to be used for training that actually would work as designed if real explosives were used).

Also, what kind of costs would be involved in a project like this?

Thanks,
          Bill
          Check out AX84.com.
          They have a lot of resources, and Doberman sells the kits.
          I source my parts, as I already have many of them on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
            Vox Valvetronix or Tech 21.
            Yeah, I just picked up a valvetronix ad15vt. Its a kickass little amp. Easy to use, not so complicated as my flextone can be at times. Does the tube string response thing real well. Its a lot of fun.

Comment

http://www.guytronix.com/home.html

Love mine. I have the 1/2 watt. A little more expensive but great components
              Last edited by Partial @ Marshall; 11-18-2008, 04:09 PM.
              www.JerryRobison.com
              '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Uberschall..it's only 10.5" high and about 26" wide...not too big. But It sounds nice.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Don't know how they sound but it's small and it's tube:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...Amp?sku=481874

Comment

Originally posted by bfloyd6969 View Post
                    Don't know how they sound but it's small and it's tube
                    ..I don't know how it sounds either but it looks like a little heater.!! It'd make a great "stealth" amp for the office if it had a headphone jack.. d:^) Schneeky..
                    Fat, dumb & happy in the corner with my G-DEC.
                    It's always on time, has none of those human "issues", never bores or bitches about my "torturing of the stringed beasty"..
                    Laugh all ya want..

Comment

Working...
                    X