Rocktron Velocity 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Velocity 100

I just got an email newsletter from GHS/Rocktron and they showed the new amp Rocktron Velocity 100, the description says:

This single space little monster kicks out an amazing 40 watts per channel at 8 ohms (and an even more amazing 55 watts at 4 ohms) of blistering power.

The Velocity 100 utilizes thermal protection circuitry, along with protection from over voltage, under voltage or any shorts to the power supply. This allows reliable performance night after night without the stress of losing your sound. A front panel power switch and two front panel volume control knobs make operation as easy as possible.

The Velocity 100 power amp is designed to bring the life to any rig on stage, or anywhere you see fit to play, at the lowest possible cost.

The Channel 1 Level knob adjusts the output level (or overall volume) of channel one. The Channel 2 Level knob adjusts the output level of channel two. Outputs are ?" mono jacks.

Has anyone checked it out? Can someone do it? It could be a good score for just $249.00
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

I had one for my rack. It works great and is quite reliable.

It's actually not a new amp, unless they've made some improvements lately.

Still a great rack amp for the price.

Comment

I was thinking that it might be a good thig to pair it up with a modeler (like my Tonelab LE) and some good TRTR speakers?
      '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
      '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
      custom made Les Paul
      VOX Tonelab LE
      Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
      ADA MP1
      BBE 422A
      Lexicon MPX-G2
      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
      Support Your Local 81

Comment

I have a 5 year old one that I used in my old rack. It is built like a tank and sounded good at lower volume, but got harsher the more it was pushed. I used it in a band that played pop/rock at low levels and still had to push it in some situations. I replaced it with a Mesa 20/20 that seemed about twice as loud. If you are going to play loud I would recommend a different power amp. It is good for home or low volume in my opinion. I am going to take mine out of mothballs when my Egnater M4 rack shows up and use it until I can afford something else.

Comment

I have one in my backup rack with a GT-10. Cool rig.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Sounds similar to my ADA micro tube 100.I'd say the Rocktron unit is more reliable.
            Love Rocktron stuff had tons of it.
            The ADA sounds killer is stereo I'll bet that will too.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X