No announcement yet.

help with pedal board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the tuner's giving you so much problem, get a DOD A/B box. You can then switch the gtr signal to either the tuner by itself or the other fx's.
    Sam

Comment

If you like your current tone and just want a solo lift...Get a clean boost pedal. works great!
      www.JerryRobison.com
      '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
        If you like your current tone and just want a solo lift...Get a clean boost pedal. works great!
        and put it last in the fx loop. not in front of the amp. putting in front of a dirty channel will make the channel dirtier but not necessarily louder. An eq pedal with its level boosted will also do the trick. With an eq pedal you have the additional advantage of changing the tone of the solo boost.
        Sam

Comment

cool, i will look into the these suggestions, thanks for all your help and advice

Comment

I've never used a 6 band mxr, but it should do the trick just fine, go test one at your local music see what it does for a boost

Comment

i like the boss GE-7 eq pedal.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

i was looking at the ge-7. makes sense really as i know it will fit the pedal board!

Comment

well just an update...

I got home tonight with my new ge-7 eq pedal, and godlyke power supply, and now the ge-7 causes a huge buzz even on battery power!! I've d/c the psu and plugged the ge-7 on its own. What am i doing wrong?
                  I'm really pee'd off and don't know what to try next. Can anyone with lots of experience and would like to help me pm me and help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                    If the tuner's giving you so much problem, get a DOD A/B box. You can then switch the gtr signal to either the tuner by itself or the other fx's.
                    Or put the tuner in the effects loop by itself. Just run one cable from the line out/effects loop send into the input of the pedal, and that's all you need.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My DK2T did not have string grounding. In a floating trem guitar, there is a wire connecting the pickups' ground to the trem. So, if you touch the strings, your body is grounding the guitar and hence no hum. Since my DK2T is a fixed trem, there was no string grounding. A guitar tech told me about that and I verified that by using a multi-meter. In high-end guitars like my SL2HT, even tho its a fixed trem, internally there is a wire going to the base of the tune-o-matic. ...supposedly.

Anyway, looks like your vmnt1 could have this issue. Its very simple to rectify. get a short piece of wire, connect it to the ground terminal, run it out of the bridge pickup's hole and touch the other end to the tune-o-matic. I actually have the wire wedged between the TOM's top and the screw it rests on. See if that helps.

BTW, if your VMNT1 has active pups, then there probably wont be a pickup grounding and all the above wont help.
                      Sam

Comment

Yes, the VMNT1 has active Duncans (Dave Mustaine Live Wires). I've got one, and it's a great guitar. The pickups have a lot of gain like EMGs, so that might be the problem. I guess you'd have to stand further away from the amp or maybe turn the amp gain down a little bit.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X