Show me your racks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show me your racks!

Been talking to some guys about some Mesa products cause I'm curious about their products, and I got the idea about just asking everyone on here what they use in their racks.

Don't forget the pics!

I'm using:
    Guitar > Korg DTR1 > Boss MT-2 > Engl 620 preamp > Marshall 9200 > Marshall 1960B

'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

This is the current stuff, been the same for a few years really. Getting ready to add a looper, and a Rocktron Voodu Valve I'm thinking. Unless someplace pops up with a brutal sounding cheap preamp. Wishin Peavey would make a 5150 preamp. Otherwise, it's gonna be an ENGL E570 when I can drop the coinage.

Comment

DAMN! Nice rig, Cleveland.

Comment

Here's mine, though now I've got rid of the power amp and use a head live.

I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Damn. Made me look. For a moment I thought this was a titties thread.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
            DAMN! Nice rig, Cleveland.
            Thank you sir.

Runnin a pair of Ampeg 75 watt celestion cabs, but want a pair of MESA's. Or preferably, I'd like reload some MESA's or Marshalls w/EVM12L's

Comment

This is the rack I just put together. I am working on a 4 space to go on top with wireless, and rack wah. Sent my ground control pro off to voodoolab to have a switch replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                This is the current stuff, been the same for a few years really. Getting ready to add a looper, and a Rocktron Voodu Valve I'm thinking. Unless someplace pops up with a brutal sounding cheap preamp. Wishin Peavey would make a 5150 preamp. Otherwise, it's gonna be an ENGL E570 when I can drop the coinage.

**First ..awesome rig! 2nd question, isnt that CAA a preamp? IF so, is
                the 570 Engl better? You dont need anything else!

Comment

Heres mine.. VHT 2/90/2 Stereo amp (FB cab..ADA MP-1
                  Ultra rare VHT power conditioner !! I need to either add a Mesa Rect preamp to this..or
                  maybe go cheap, and just add the VHT "Valvulater" ? Or try to be
                  Billz and go for a clean JMP-1..(even tho my tone is better than his
                  right now! LOL Im all over the place... wondering if a GMajor would
                  be great in my rack, or a Digitech 2112 (you know the one)... or
                  an Engl? I want more! I make myself feel better reading about these
                  boutique pedal guys, who are never happy, but spend $8K a year on
                  the "Next Grail" pedal ... ! (this rig comes from a Boss GT-10 which
                  is about as good as it gets, other than a "G" system.

Last edited by Robert Burns; 11-18-2008, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Although these pics are cool, I must say after reading the title, I was expecting something else and am some-what dissappointed.

j/k - good stuf guys.
                    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post

Yeah, it's a (Custom Audio Electronics) CAE3+se, They seem to use CAA now.

I'd say the E570 does modern moreso "brutal" metal tones better. Otherwise the CAE is pretty sweet. I've coaxed a lot of metal out of it with EQ and my EMG PA-2 preamp, but it still isnt modern sounding. It has a very steroided 80s 90s sound. Beautiful leads and the cleans are Fender Blackface pristine. Which isnt so bad.

I'd be happy with what I have, and then some way to get really brutal sound for chugging on the low end... It just doesn't have the brutality I want. E570 might. But, will prolly lack in the other areas tonally.

I can't quite reason having both tho... considering both are $1600 preamps.

Comment

T.C. G-Force -> CAE +3 SE -> VHT 2150

Bogner should be shipping my Fish in the next two weeks and I'll start putting together a two preamp rig.

I'm excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                          I know you weren't directing the question at me, but I figure I may be able to give you my 2 cents.

I like the ENGL 570 a lot, very versatile amp.

The problem that I have with it, is it was very fat sounding, almost too fat. A lot of lows and not enough mids to me.

But I will say that I have a different experience with my +3, in that it sounds a lot more modern to my ears.

It's a very 3D chunky sound that was missing in the 80s, but I guess that's what Cleveland meant when he said "on steroids."

I find it to be extremely modern sounding. I've never played an amp with as much treble as the +3 SE.

I'm getting a Fish in order to use the Shark channel for my rhythms, while keeping the CAE for my cleans and leads because I want a more old school tone for my rhythms.

But he's definitely right as far as modern "brutal" tones go. If you're looking for insane amounts of gain like on the Uberschalls, then the 570 is a lot better.

The CAE has more than enough gain otherwise.

I play speed metal with the gain at 12 o'clock on my lead channel.
                          Last edited by JacksonVHT; 11-18-2008, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                            Been talking to some guys about some Mesa products cause I'm curious about their products, and I got the idea about just asking everyone on here what they use in their racks.

Don't forget the pics!

I'm using:
                            Guitar > Korg DTR1 > Boss MT-2 > Engl 620 preamp > Marshall 9200 > Marshall 1960B

That's a darn expensive lamp table . Seriously, great looking rig.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                              Although these pics are cool, I must say after reading the title, I was expecting something else and am some-what dissappointed.

j/k - good stuf guys.

Here ya go
                              'Howling in shadows
                              Living in a lunar spell
                              He finds his heaven
                              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                              X