No announcement yet.

Show me your racks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my recording rig. I also use a few other rack pieces for practice and gigs (Peavey Classic tube power amps, Rocktron Guitar Silencer, Furman PL-Tuner) but the bulk of it - literally - is for studio use.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonVHT View Post
      I know you weren't directing the question at me, but I figure I may be able to give you my 2 cents.

I like the ENGL 570 a lot, very versatile amp.

The problem that I have with it, is it was very fat sounding, almost too fat. A lot of lows and not enough mids to me.

But I will say that I have a different experience with my +3, in that it sounds a lot more modern to my ears.

It's a very 3D chunky sound that was missing in the 80s, but I guess that's what Cleveland meant when he said "on steroids."

I find it to be extremely modern sounding. I've never played an amp with as much treble as the +3 SE.

I'm getting a Fish in order to use the Shark channel for my rhythms, while keeping the CAE for my cleans and leads because I want a more old school tone for my rhythms.

But he's definitely right as far as modern "brutal" tones go. If you're looking for insane amounts of gain like on the Uberschalls, then the 570 is a lot better.

The CAE has more than enough gain otherwise.

I play speed metal with the gain at 12 o'clock on my lead channel.
      Thanks...That explanation helped ! the ADA i have is just too low audio for my tastes..and a bit
      noisy.. Good in its day..but actually ruins everything when paired with
      the GT-10. Im going to sell it i think... that Engl is probably the modern
      equivalent of the early 90's ADA? Only audio quality is so much better in
      todays effects over 20 years ago.

Comment

My current rig consists of:

ADA MP-1
        Rocktron Intellifex
        Rocktron Replifex
        BBE Sonic Maximizer
        Rocktron Hush II CX
        Mesa 2:90
        Crybaby wah

You can see it in the background:

As for the ADA, I have owned just about every preamp out there (Triaxis, JMP1, Fish, Trio, Triple Giant...the list goes on) and I always come back to my ADA. For 80's style metal, nothing does it as well for me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by thenine View Post

Didja beat up Kenny from Type O Negative and steal his amp?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              Thanks...That explanation helped ! the ADA i have is just too low audio for my tastes..and a bit
              noisy.. Good in its day..but actually ruins everything when paired with
              the GT-10. Im going to sell it i think... that Engl is probably the modern
              equivalent of the early 90's ADA? Only audio quality is so much better in
              todays effects over 20 years ago.
              My rhythm guitarist has been on playing on an MP1 for a while. I LOVE IT!

It's definitely a really mid focused amp, but it almost sounds too thin and brittle for modern tones on its' own.

He's trying to get a Soldano now.

The Soldano SLO-100 sounds is a really nice transition from the MP1, IMO.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                  Although these pics are cool, I must say after reading the title, I was expecting something else and am some-what dissappointed.

j/k - good stuf guys.
                  Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post

Here ya go
                  So where are all the women JCF'ers with their racks??!??!?

I was wondering when some JCF peeps were going to chime in with some politically incorrect, off topic shmegma!

I'm comforted knowing that I'm not the only one with my mind in the gutter.

Back to topic!

I fantasized about a rack system back in the day, but found that a good ol' Marshall stack with a few pedals was all I needed. Those days are over with now.

Now I have A JCM 800 1-12 combo, JC- 120 and a Spider II 210. I figure I've got all I need right there. Now all I require is to rig them up for user friendly gigging!
                  G.

Comment

Here is my old setup.

Top Rack:
                    Eventide Eclipse
                    Brunetti Mille MIDI preamp
                    Sound Sculpture Switchblade
                    Custom interface built by yours truly
                    Pod XT Pro

Bottom Rack:
                    A pair of THD hot plates
                    VHT 2502
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I need to snap a picture of my current rig. It consists of:

Elmwood Modena M90 head

Racked:
                      Eventide Eclipse
                      Rocktron Patchmate
                      Klon overdrive
                      Fuchs Plush overdrive
                      Eventide Timefactor
                      MXR EVH Phase 90

On the floor:
                      Rocktron MIDI Mate
                      Crybaby 95Q switchless wah
                      Fulltone Dejavibe 2
                      Digitech Whammy 2

I've got a Bogner Fish on order that will be paired with a VHT 2902. I'm in two bands so naturally I need two rigs

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        I've got a Bogner Fish on order that will be paired with a VHT 2902. I'm in two bands so naturally I need two rigs
                        You're waiting for that bad boy too?

They should be shipping in the next two weeks.

I'm so damn excited!

Comment

The new rig will have the same pedals on the floor. The rack will have an Eventide Eclipse as well. I may use a TC G-Major or stomp boxes - not sure yet.

- Newc

Comment

Bogner is re-releasing the Fish I take it? Made in China with the Alchemist?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                              Bogner is re-releasing the Fish I take it? Made in China with the Alchemist?
                              :ROTF:

Luckily no!

Apparently Reinhold still had a stock of chassis from the Fish that were never completed and decided to do a 75 piece limited reissue.

Only difference will be that it is going to be ROHS compliant.

Comment

Pretty silly not to tool up and do some if there is a demand. Even Bradshaw did it, albeit japanese made.

Hate to see what they're going for $$ wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X