No announcement yet.

Show me your racks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds promising... I've always just got the deep recess, but adjustable could be cool if it's strong.

Plexi glass door? Where? On the back?

Comment

My old rack. Behind the switcher was a draw loaded with many great pedals...

At one time I had A rack mounted Recto and the SLO at the same time. And at another time I had two SLO Rack heads in there.

The Rack mounted Dunlop wah unit was awesome. I recommend those to anyone who needs a wah with plenty of options.

Comment

You've definitely had some bomb stuff man...

Comment

I guess my single ART Mach II counts

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
            You've definitely had some bomb stuff man...
            Yes but you still have the bomb rack stuff...

Well I actually have some new bomb stuff...

I went back to the Head Shell thing and love the Splawn Pro Mod I use now. Best hot Rodded Marshall tone - To my ears anyway!

Comment

My current rig,
              Furman M8 XL
              ADA MP1
              TC Electronics G Major
              BBE 362
              Peavey Classic 50/50

Don

Comment

Nice rig man!
                I know of atleast 3 other people with an MP-1 and a Peavey 50w or 60w poweramp, so it must fuckin rock.

Where did you get those grilles that take the place of the empties?
                I like the look od those.
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven
                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I've been really happy with the Classic 50/50, only problem is when it needs new tubes... it takes 8 EL 84's so I kind of wish at times that I had the 60/60 with 6l6's...
                  Here are the rack space covers I used...
                  Don

Comment

I saw those covers before but they look alot different on your rack for some reason. They look better than the advertisement picture for sure.

My Marshall 9200 has (8) 5881's, so I know what you mean there man! ($$$) But it's a price I'm willing to pay because I prefer
                    tubes over SS.

Edit: I noticed that you left a space above your MP-1 which is a smart move cause they get hot, especially with the 3TM. I used to do the same thing with my MP-1 and my MP-2.
                    I'd like to do that with my Engl, but I'm using a 6 space and they're all filled, so I'd have to go with an 8 because I already have a Digitech 1900 sitting on top of the case.
                    So to compromise somewhat I spread the units apart as much as I could before tightening the screws. It's probably only about 1/8" gap but it's better than none.
                    Been thinking about a rear mounted rack fan, have you or anyone else tried one of those?
                    Last edited by metalchurch79; 01-03-2009, 01:31 AM.
                    'Howling in shadows
                    Living in a lunar spell
                    He finds his heaven
                    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Yeah Dogbone, that rack looks particularly nice. What kind of rack is it? I have been trying to decide whether to build or buy a rack for my gear (Marshall JMP-1 & 9100 so far), and I really like the look of yours.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm kinda picky about the way my stuff looks always been kind of anal that way
                        Anyways on to the question, the rack I use is the SKB US Heavy Duty Roto Rack...

It's not a real spendy rack, but it seems to be well built, and I like the fact that Skb has gotten away from the old style rack rails that had to have the nut installed behind the gear... This style has the rack rails that are threaded so you just have to put the screws in, and they even come with the plastic washers
                        I've thought about trying a fan but the Classic 50/50 has the fan that blows through it right across the power tubes, so it hasn't really gotten very hot in the past, even at high volumes. I purposely ordered the 8 space rack so I could have a hole above the power amp and the Mp1, and I figured I'd have room to expand if I ever want to... I'm sure we have all went down that road before of running out of room. I know I have to many times
                        And yes Tubes rule 8 5881's? Ouch that's got to hurt when retubing
                        Don

Comment

Working...
                        X