No announcement yet.

Egnater Rebel 20w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The silver jubilee was Slash's main amp and what they based his signature amp on years ago. I don't know what egnater combo I tried. But they guys at GC just chuckled when I was fuggin' with it because they know what kind of tone I go for..ummm it's not even close. Not the combo I played anywhoo. I couldn't dial poop with it.

They make a two channel JVM head now ..I really like the sound of that amp.
    Last edited by horns666; 01-21-2009, 09:27 PM.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
      cyg and horns both. I just about pooped my pants when I saw what the silver jubilee? (is that the name of the amp you were talking about? those are out of my reach) were going for.
      I did a search on Egnater threads and Horns didn't seem too hot for them in his review, but I'm not sure if it was for the Rebel 20 specifically either.

I think it's a great lower powered amp. A little pricey right now because of the newness, and you don't want to get an early model in case there are bugs / issues, but once the hype settles down I think I'll look into getting one.

Yes, the Silver Jubilee was $2500 for a full stack, mini sized. Some people think that's a good deal. It did sound fantastic. I should have brought the Rebel into the quite room and crank it up along side.

Comment

I'm mixed on this one. I think they sound very good. However, the GC here in town has had to send several back for repairs. I've read elsewhere about reliability problems as well. The loop has issues with a lot of units - Eganter will mod them but that's a hassle.

I just think it's another chunka Chinese junka that ain't gonna be dependable.

To me it's sad to see Bruce and co. spend all their creative efforts on creating amps to be built elsewhere and have not done anything with the USA line in years other than to discontinue stuff.

I'm keeping my eye on Bogner - they showed a new amp at NAMM that is going to be much more affordable but still made in the USA - it was killer too.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          I don't know what egnater combo I tried. But they guys at GC just chuckled when I was fuggin' with it because they know what kind of tone I go for..ummm it's not even close. Not the combo I played anywhoo. I couldn't dial poop with it.
          The Rebel 20 is a head only as far as I know (only seen 2). Usually GC will have it demo'd with a 1x12 or 2x12 sealed cab.

Go give it a whirl. I'm not sure if it will have the tone you like, but it should have a good "inspirational" tone

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            I'm mixed on this one. I think they sound very good. However, the GC here in town has had to send several back for repairs. I've read elsewhere about reliability problems as well. The loop has issues with a lot of units - Eganter will mod them but that's a hassle.

I just think it's another chunka Chinese junka that ain't gonna be dependable.

To me it's sad to see Bruce and co. spend all their creative efforts on creating amps to be built elsewhere and have not done anything with the USA line in years other than to discontinue stuff.

I'm keeping my eye on Bogner - they showed a new amp at NAMM that is going to be much more affordable but still made in the USA - it was killer too.
            I agree. It seemed a little glitchy when messing with the power level and master volume. If I cranked up the power, the volume would die and I'd have to turn it up.

If anyone is interested in these, I'd highly recommend running it through the paces to shake out and wierd suff. We don't need any more EVH III fire boxes

When you think about it, you've got a lot of HOT tubes in a fairly small box. 2 6V6's, 2 EL84's, 3 12AX7's. Cooling could be an issue.

Comment

Working...
            X