Krankenstein head..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    I think its a great sound but only for a few minutes. Then it gets aweful but I was never a fan of Dimebags tone. His playing and attitude is another story. Brilliance.
    Agreed!!

Gotta remember he was infamous for self-admitting he liked to use cheap guitars/amps!
    I love admins!

Comment

Played 'em..and I absolutely have no use for them.

Pure shit...IMO!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I played the Krank with the matching cab, and even played a Dean Dimebag model through it, and I couldn't get it to sound anything like Dime's tone. Actually, as hard as I tried, I couldn't get it to sound like anything other than shit. I'll be damned if it wasn't the harshest, most awful sounding tube amp I've ever tried. I had to play around with an Orange Rockerverb 50 afterwards in hopes that my ears would forgive me.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I played one at length today with a matching cab at Sam Ash and didnt like it all. Buzzy is a great word to describe the sound and I cant imagine a Dime sound coming out of it unless Dime was playing out of it himself and knew the secret handshake.

Comment

canned ass is a great description

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              **Plus Dime played thru 15" speakers too right? Laney bass Cabs?
              He played Randall amps and Randall cabs. Randall made 2x15 Warhead guitar cabs that he put under the 4x12 cabs.

Randall make great cabs, and I've actually got one of their 2x12/1x15 cabs.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I never liked the Krankenstien. Very edgey not forgiving at all lots of gain if thats what you want.Not very reliable made in China too.I don't like commies.
                Give me a SS Randall head anytime.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  He played Randall amps and Randall cabs. Randall made 2x15 Warhead guitar cabs that he put under the 4x12 cabs.

Randall make great cabs, and I've actually got one of their 2x12/1x15 cabs.
                  Joe, my friend uses one of those cabs live and he loves it! He tunes to Bb I think and it definitely helps his low end out alot. I think he uses a Randall head for that cab, but he might be using his old Crate Blue Voodoo, I'm not sure. He uses an old ESP Steven Carpenter 7 string with it.
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven
                  Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Yeah, they're pretty neat. They've got a couple different versions of it. The one I've got is not actually the one pictured with the XL on the bottom. The XL series has two Celestion Vintage 30s and one 15" Eminence Legend, and they have a cheaper one from another series that's got the same speakers. The one I have has all Eminence Legend speakers (from the G3 series), and I got it off ebay a couple years ago for pretty cheap.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X