No announcement yet.

Boss GT-8 vs GT-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit, I'm still using the GT-6 (4 cable).
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Still using my GT8 (4 cable) with my Marshall DSL50...

Bunch of recordings with my GT8 in my sig if you have some time for listening to clips.

Good luck!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by ebh View Post
        Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I have the same dilemma.

The thing is I'm looking for a multieffects unit and I could wither get a used GT8 now, or wait till I save some money and get a new GT10.

The used GT8 is less than half the price of the GT10. So is the later worth the extra cash?

Another option could be the ME-50 (again I can get it used really cheap or new at a little more than the used GT8). I have a full tube amp which I want to use it (either of them) with but I also want to use it as a stand alone unit through an audio system or headphones. My amp has NO effects loop so some effects would be unusable with the preamp gain (but I still get the distortion/overdrive from the pedal).

Thanks!
        ** Unless your familiar with Boss/Roland products, the GT-8 is going
        to be harder to program imo... the GT-10 has a simple virtual stomp box
        layout, that anyone can use, even without reading the manual! For this
        alone the 10 wins imo.. Used the GT-8 can be had for around $250
        But you can get a sale on a new GT-10 for $399.00 sometimes.
        For now, the GT-10 is the 2nd best processor out there..(AxeFX kicks
        its ass!) Go with the GT-10 as its 60% better tone...200% easier to move around on, and its got a huge LED window! You can actually see
        what your doing!

If this doesnt make you RUN to get a GT-10 then you dont want effects! Man, not only is this australian cat a bad ass player...but
        check out the versatility of the GT-10 unit, from Jazz...to Stevie Ray Vaugn, to Satch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNtty4uuI0E
        Last edited by Robert Burns; 06-23-2009, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          If this doesnt make you RUN to get a GT-10 then you dont want effects! Man, not only is this australian cat a bad ass player...but
          check out the versatility of the GT-10 unit, from Jazz...to Stevie Ray Vaugn, to Satch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNtty4uuI0E
          This guy is sick! Awesome ultra versatile player.
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

The GT8 has no looper? So I can't record even a few seconds (like struming a few chords, over which I would solo/improvise)?

I don't live in the states so the prices are really different here. I can get the GT10 for something like 410-420euros and the used GT8 it's like 160-180eur. No used GT10s around yet.

The thing is the looper was the number one thing I wanted from the effects processor (at least one track, no need to record multiple one over the other), so I guess I have to be patient and get the gt10 when I can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by ebh View Post
              The GT8 has no looper? So I can't record even a few seconds (like struming a few chords, over which I would solo/improvise)?

I don't live in the states so the prices are really different here. I can get the GT10 for something like 410-420euros and the used GT8 it's like 160-180eur. No used GT10s around yet.

The thing is the looper was the number one thing I wanted from the effects processor (at least one track, no need to record multiple one over the other), so I guess I have to be patient and get the gt10 when I can afford it.
              ** Gt8 has NO Looper... GT-10 has a 39 second easy to use looper.

Comment

Working...
              X