Humbucker suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker suggestion

Hey JCFers! Long time since my last post again! I had a couple of changes in my life but maybe I'll start another thread about it.
    However, I'm finally putting togheter a Warmoth superstrat ( pics on the non-J/C forum when I receive the stuff ) and I would like to have some suggestion about which pup put in bridge position. This guitar will be my 80s Metal/Hard Rock (Whitesnake, VH, Alcatrazz..) machine and so far I have two Dimarzio (HS2 and HS3) that I'll mount in neck and middle position. Now I was leaning towards a paf pro or maybe a Norton? Since the guitar has a maple/maple neck and a poplar with maple cap body my only fear is that it will sound too bright with the wrong pickup. I'll prefer to have a medium output humbucker so it won't be too powerfull compared to the two stacked singles (altough I'll mount an EMG PA2 ). So, what do you suggest?

I used a Dimarzio Breed for recording recently, and it's a nice pickup. Fat but not to fat, and a nice bit of output but not too much by any means.

Check it out.

Comment

i am using the norton in my gaudy ibanez...it sounds KILLER.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah the breed is also a nice option, keep em comin!

Comment

BKP Holy Diver or Cold Sweat. Maybe a DiMarzio Tone Zone or SD Sh-6 as a cheaper alternative.
          I personally wouldn't put a (Air?) Norton in a bridge position but they're great in the neck.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Nope, I was talkin about the normal Norton, not the airbucker.

Comment

i'd go Tone Zone in the bridge.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Dude, I've mixed feeling for the Tone Zone. Its sound always sounded not so well eq'ed to me, and it's output seem to be too high compared to the single coil. Maybe an air zone?

Comment

Working...
                X